How to associate READ, EDIT, CREATE, NO ACCESS  with user role permissions
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Folks, can you please assist me.

I can understand how to create roles in the LOGIC section, and activate/not activate  them to a screen/page.

I can assign users to a particular role.

Based on the activation or no-activation of the role on a screen, this seems to provide only allows for, FULL ACCESS ( can see the screen and can edit the contents or click any visible button) or NO ACCESS (cannot see the screen).

However, I cannot find any information about, what the role can actually do?

Where do I assign the role READ, EDIT, CREATE, NO ACCES, EXECUTE permissions?

Or is there some other way of accomplishing this, that I cannot figure this out at the moment.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thank you.

I understand now.

1. For a particular role, one has to check (logic) the role of the user  and then allow or disallow an action.

2. The role is granted access or not to a screen based on selections in the screen properties --> roles 

3. Same thing with hiding a button or a region or component. One hides it (using logic) based on if a the user is supposed to see or not.

Many thanks folks.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 125553.jpg

For Roles, you have this documentation

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/User_Roles/Create_and_Use_Roles?_gl=1*1ck2xyn*_ga*MTg4ODIwMjQ2OS4xNjQ5OTIxOTkw*_ga_ZD4DTMHWR2*MTY1MDQ5OTMyMi4yMS4xLjE2NTA0OTkzODcuNTY.

With the role actions, you can grant, check if the user has the role and revoke the role. But if you want to "assign the role READ, EDIT, CREATE, NO ACCESS, EXECUTE permissions" you will need to create different roles for different kinds of permissions and you will need to do the logic on your side too.

Kind Regards,

Márcio

Hi @Eugene Sampson 

There are two type of environment in outsystems.

1.free  environment.

In this environment you can only create role for your  access screen and you have not permision to create role for your environment (FULL ACCESS )

Step: go to your logic tab->create a role -> go to screen and assign role->go to user_portal ->assign that role for specific user

2.paid environment.

In this environment you can only create role for your infrastructure or your server

step-> go to life time-portal and create role for your  environment.

if you have any query than send me your oml file:

Thanks

Mansur

mvp_badge
MVP

This reply is totally not answering the question, and I believe what is stated is also not correct. If what you describe is correct, then I don't understand why you ask for an OML.

hey @Eugene Sampson  Please refer this guided path video for better understanding about roles and how to   use them to create grant and different kind of permission. https://www.outsystems.com/training/courses/131/role-based-security/?LearningPathId=18

THANK YOU

I understand now.

1. For a particular role, one has to check (logic) the role of the user  and then allow or disallow an action.

2. The role is granted access or not to a screen based on selections in the screen properties --> roles 

3. Same thing with hiding a button or a region or component. One hides it (using logic) based on if a the user is supposed to see or not.

Many thanks folks.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 125553.jpg

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Eugine,

Maybe this article might be intresting for you to read. It describes how to setup granular roles for Edit, View, etc..

https://medium.com/noesis-low-code-solutions/permissions-in-outsystems-part-1-go-granular-or-go-home-e6a50c11235a

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Eugine, 

I think you need a proper consultant so here is the link of our Outsystems developers.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.