[Hierarchical Tree(Organisation chart)] cannot read property of undefined reading id
hierarchical-treeorganisation-chart
Reactive icon
Forge component by Ellakkiya.S
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.13 (Build 59808)

Hi All, 

I have used the [Hierarchical Tree(Organisation chart)]  component to build an Organogram. All the data was was uploaded and mapped. When I publish it completes with no errors but when I view it in the browser I receive the above error. 

I am stumped with this error as I am not a developer and I am learning as I go along. 

Any assistance would be helpful. 

Regards,

Nisaar 

Testy.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Nisaar,

The reason for the encountered js exception is because of the hard-coded div/container Id referenced in the initialization JavaScript node defined in the HierarchicalTree CW block implementation as shown below.

Note: The platform automatically assigns generated ids for every OutSystems widget that has its Name property assigned. 

Refer to the attached updated oml which also includes the refactored HierarchicalTree block implementation.

See this demo screen: OrganizationalHierarchicalTree

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Testy.oml

Hi Benjith Sam, 

Thank you so much. 

I am learning so much as I go along. You are awesome! 

Regards,

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Nisaar.

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Nisaar,

Seems like your attachment is corrupted, can you upload it again?

Also, you would get an answer more quickly if you post this question in the support section of the component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/11900/Hierarchical+Tree(Organisation+chart)

I see that you actually posted another question there before :) 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Nisaar,

The reason for the encountered js exception is because of the hard-coded div/container Id referenced in the initialization JavaScript node defined in the HierarchicalTree CW block implementation as shown below.

Note: The platform automatically assigns generated ids for every OutSystems widget that has its Name property assigned. 

Refer to the attached updated oml which also includes the refactored HierarchicalTree block implementation.

See this demo screen: OrganizationalHierarchicalTree

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Testy.oml

Hi Benjith Sam, 

Thank you so much. 

I am learning so much as I go along. You are awesome! 

Regards,

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Nisaar.

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.