EPA TaskBox not showing

EPA TaskBox not showing

Hello everyone,

it's a little strange what's happening.

There's an eSpace on the server working perfectly, where the taskbox is showing in the right moments.

I have created a new eSpace using BPT but the taskbox does not appear. I have also cloned the eSpace that the taskbox shows up but in the cloned eSpace the taskbox is missing. Is there any place where I can see if EPA is only active for some eSpaces ? (The OutSystems platform version is 5.1)

Thanks
Hi Tiago,

That is strange. Can you view the source code of one of the pages of the cloned eSpace that doesn't show the EPA and check if the source contains any links/scripts referencing "EPA_Taskbox"? Also, if you have DB access, can you check if the table [dbo].[OSSYS_CALLBACK_URL] contains any rows?

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

thank you for your feedback.

select * from OSSYS_CALLBACK_URL has results.
I can find some script references for EPA_Taskbox.

In fact, I see the taskbox in the cloned eSpace since there are activities launched in the original eSpace. I launch activities in the cloned eSpace but I'm not seeing the activities in the taskbox.
So, the problem is not only the taskbox but all the BPT features. I'm missing something here.
Hi Tiago,

From all you said the EPA / User Provider integration seems to be working fine.

My guess is that, the non-appearence of the processes in the EPA, is something to do with the visibility the user you're running the app with has (or in this case, does not have) on the tasks in the new eSpace.

When you clone an eSpace, a new set of (local) Roles is created (that have the same name but belong to a different eSpace). This means that, if you are assigning human activities to a specific role (which the user you are using in runtime has) of the original eSpace A, unless you grant the equivalent role of eSpace B inside the Users eSpace, you won't see the (new) eSpace tasks appearing in runtime in the EPA.

Have a look in Users and let me know.

Cheers,

Miguel
You are totally right.

I was missing doing the right bootstrapping for users/permissions.

Thank you
Hello,
I've got same problem with taskbox. I try to make some business flow, but i can't see taskbox. 
My first thought was that i didn't add my espace to taskbox, so i added it, but it doesn't change anything. I debugged my webpage and i see that there are taskbox component's but taskbox container is set to display:none. To try it in another espace, i started Recruitment part 1, from how-to's section. I skipped steps (trough last), and opened espace in browser but still there isn't any taskbox showing. 
Can anyone tell me how it is possible? 
I've checked roles (are granted), i've checked dbo.ossys.callbacks (there are callbacks to epa and espaces [recruitment, my espace]). I can provide anything necessary to detail problem.

Thanks
Hi Przemek,

Besides what Miguel Melo just said above, have you taken a look at Process Monitoring page in Service Center? You can get there through Monitoring menu entry.

Please check if your tutorial eSpace (Recruitment) has already any process started. If so, please inspect your active processes and check if any human activities have been created and associated to your user(s). If you still have any issues, please share a snapshot of that screen here.

Cheers,
Pedro

Przemek wrote
:
Hello,
I've got same problem with taskbox. I try to make some business flow, but i can't see taskbox. 
My first thought was that i didn't add my espace to taskbox, so i added it, but it doesn't change anything. I debugged my webpage and i see that there are taskbox component's but taskbox container is set to display:none. To try it in another espace, i started Recruitment part 1, from how-to's section. I skipped steps (trough last), and opened espace in browser but still there isn't any taskbox showing. 
Can anyone tell me how it is possible? 
I've checked roles (are granted), i've checked dbo.ossys.callbacks (there are callbacks to epa and espaces [recruitment, my espace]). I can provide anything necessary to detail problem.

Thanks

I have the same problem, and the activity is indeed visible on the activity monitoring page but is affected to no specific user
I had set the human activity with only designated roles and no specific designated user
it used to work like this before but now I'm having the same problem
Any idea?
I'm trying to trigger a human activity to show in the taskbox and I get the same symptoms, no taskbox count shows so the user cannot open the taskbox.  I'm using Personal Edition version 8.0.1.  The activity shows correctly in Service Center as far as I can tell, as shown below, but the taskbox never appears.  I've left the user blank (which is supposed to be for all users) and set it to an individual as in this example.  I am using a cloned Users eSpace so I suspect it's got something to do with that because I've played with other components using the standard Users eSpace and they work.  Any help is appreciated.

Activity Notify Moral Character Instance nr. 161

Precedent Activity:
Start
Current Activity:
Notify Moral Character
Following Activity:  
Detail: Moral Character Issue
Name: NotifyMoralCharacter
Next Run:  
Start Date:
2014-03-20 14:17:28
Close Date:  
Due Date:  
User: Jane Applicant
Group:
Hi Curt,

Have you set the effective user providers from the Users espace to be your clone?
Because the taskbox will only appear if the user providers of both the EPA_Taskbox eSpace and your eSpace are the same.

Regards,
João Rosado
Ok, so I think I figured this out.  All eSpaces in my application have my cloned user eSpace designated as their User Provider eSpace.  The EPA_Taskbox eSpace you mention does not appear anywhere in my application nor does it appear anywhere in one of the applications where the taskbox works.  I'm guessing that the EPA_Taskbox eSpace defaults to the Users eSpace so that's why that test application works.

I have no idea how it is possible to set the user provider of the EPA_Taskbox eSpace.  I tried referencing it in my cloned user eSpace but that didn't help.

I looked at the HTML source and I expected to see a huge chunk of code for EPA_<something> like I see for ECT_<something>, so I'm guessing I screwed up something when I created my screen.  Is there a web block or something I need to put back? 

Thanks for your help.
OK, poking around Service Center I found a screen that confirms that the EPA_Taskbox eSpace is using the Users eSpace, not my clone.  So, that gets back to what João mentioned.  I also saw this on another Service Center screen.

Configuration Changed. Some eSpace modules need to be published to use the new settings.

I did republish but it had no effect.  So how, exactly, do I tell this eSpace to use my cloned User Provider and if I do this will it screw up all the other applications that use the default user provider?  Maybe I need to make a clone of the EPA stuff also?
OK so I changed all my eSpaces to use the standard Users eSpace as the user provider and everything works.  So, it looks like my idea of cloning the User eSpace is going to have significant negative effects so no I'll just build what I need around the standard one and I'll get what I want.

Now that I know this it would seem that the ability to change the User Provider eSpace is just a bad idea.  Maybe this shouldn't even be allowed.