Login Failed: SQL Server Database Connection

Login Failed: SQL Server Database Connection

Hi all,

Trying to connect to our SQL Server by creating a connection via the Service Centre. It seems to acknowledge the server, but wont let me login, saying 'Connection String test failed: Login failed for user 'emea\Ellinghamt'.'

Am I missing some sort of permissions to allow access. I know the server is set up for Remote Connections, but wondering if I need something extra. The server is run by out main IT department (among many other servers) so wondering if I need something at a higher level or not. I take it that typing my Windows Authentication password in to the password box is also correct?

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom

You cannot use Windows Authentication when creating connections in Service Center.
Try creating a SQL Server Authentication user, and connect with that one instead.

Please reply with your results.
Cheers,
Thanks Acácio, thats part of what I needed to here!

Still couldn't get it to work but realised you have to set the security settings to allow both SQL and NT logins. Now need to wait for the server to reboot over the weekend for those changes to take affect.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi, i have the same problem although i am using sql authentication !
Hi Khaled,

Do you get the same exact error message? Have you confirmed that the credentials you supplied are valid (e.g. by logging in in SQL Server Management Studio?

Joao