How to send information filled in an application by email?
Application Type
Mobile

Hi everybody
I'm currently doing an application where people have to fill in several fields, when all the fields are filled they will be sent by email.
The problem is that I receive the email but without the information filled in.

Hi @Ana Francisco ,

You are calling a server action to send the mail, so follow these steps to get the information.

1. Pass the Id of the entity that contains all the records to the server action.

2.  Add an aggregate to that server action filter with the Id you will get all the needed records.

3. Pass that record as a new argument to the email. And you will receive all the records in the email template as an Input Parameter. and you can display the information in the template.

Use the Current, not the List.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith Surendran

Hi and thank you so much for helpping me .

I did everything as shown but it still doesn't show up.
I had previously followed a video on youtube where I had to create an EmailsLibrary and that's where I was fetching the email, I've now made a new email template in the main app.
Do I have to delete the EmailsLibrary ?

No need of the library, you can directly create an Email template on the interface tab of the UI module.

Also, remember that after filling the form you have to save the records to the database then only you should call the server action for sending mail.

If you are still facing issues, then you can provide screenshots or the oml for a better understanding of the problem.

I cant provide screenshot or the oml because they are bigger than 4MB, is there any other way I can show it?

For screenshots the size doesn't matter, If you are clear with the steps then you can debug and find where you are missing.

Hello @Ana Francisco  did you check this page? 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Emails_in_Mobile_and_Reactive_Web_Apps

In the page you can see how to Add content for an email, Add attachment to emails  and a lot more things

I have already added the variables, parameters etc, but still I do not receive the information

Hi @Ana Francisco ,

You are calling a server action to send the mail, so follow these steps to get the information.

1. Pass the Id of the entity that contains all the records to the server action.

2.  Add an aggregate to that server action filter with the Id you will get all the needed records.

3. Pass that record as a new argument to the email. And you will receive all the records in the email template as an Input Parameter. and you can display the information in the template.

Use the Current, not the List.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith Surendran

Hi and thank you so much for helpping me .

I did everything as shown but it still doesn't show up.
I had previously followed a video on youtube where I had to create an EmailsLibrary and that's where I was fetching the email, I've now made a new email template in the main app.
Do I have to delete the EmailsLibrary ?

No need of the library, you can directly create an Email template on the interface tab of the UI module.

Also, remember that after filling the form you have to save the records to the database then only you should call the server action for sending mail.

If you are still facing issues, then you can provide screenshots or the oml for a better understanding of the problem.

I cant provide screenshot or the oml because they are bigger than 4MB, is there any other way I can show it?

For screenshots the size doesn't matter, If you are clear with the steps then you can debug and find where you are missing.

Are you saving those fields on your database before sending the email?

It looks like you are trying to send an email before saving the data that's why it comes up blank or without the information you need. 

Did an application not a while ago to send email to several agencies, i'm going to breakthrough the most important steps:

1)Add the desire input parameters into your email configuration 

2) Fetch the data you want to send on the email:

Get Agencies -> Agencies i want to send the email

GetRequestById -> Filter with the input parameter of my SendEmail Server Action to get the specific request

3) Configuration of the email itself:

In your case on the "To" put the email you want to test it out and every information you want to share, mapping the parameters.

Hope it helps you out! Any Questions let me know.

Do i have to delete the Emails Library? Because i just added everything and configured as well but it still doesn't work

I just deleted the emails library to see if it was the problem and i still cannot receive the information

So the email is sent but the input parameters are not showing?

Since you already went through the email smtp configuration and the tutorial itself to send emails. It's probably because there's nothing to send, if you are filling an form and you have a button to send the email, if this information is not yet saved on the server side he won't be able to give any info. 

This is my hint

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.