Outsystems Mobile app - framework?

Outsystems Mobile app - framework?

Which framework is outsystems using for outsystems mobile app?

Could you start to develop a mobile app using framework using sencha touch? Its a good mobile framework!
http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/

Sencha + PhoneGap = perfect outsystem mobile app :)
Hi Robert,

Sencha is indeed a great framework. To add mobile support to the Agile Platform we evaluated Sencha Touch, jQuery mobile, iUi and other mobile frameworks. We did not opt for any because:

- At the time they had too many issues. 
- We did not like that they were too much javascript based, with bad performance in older mobile devices.  
- Because they relied too much on javascript, WYSIWYG was not very easy to acomplish. 
- The navigation model promoted by these frameworks is Ajax intensive, making every page you navigate too to be kept in the browser memory. This is not specially suited to enterprise applications. Performance started to get really slugish after a while.

For these reasons we ended up rolling out our own framework (just some CSS and <100 lines of readable js in RichWidgets\MobileScripts). You can see an example of a running app in here: http://www.outsystems.com/apps/mobile-sales/

This being said, of course it is possible to use any framework with the Agile Platform. If you are going to explore Sencha Touch it would be great if you could leave your comments here.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Sencha is a lot of work to incorporate it but has a lot of nice features (... lacking in OutSystems)
Been there, done that ...
Hi Tiago

Thanks for the response,

I had a look at it and it does look quite interesting, this contact mobile app using sencha+phonegap http://www.sencha.com/learn/a-sencha-touch-mvc-application-with-phonegap

Ok it Seem like you have to write alot of javascript!

BTW: There is a bug in outsystems mobile app theme/script, when the applicatopn launches on an iphone, it takes up twice the screen space than it is required, and then you get a horizontal scroll bar, at the buttom of the screen (which you can slide from left to right, this shouldnt be there!)

@Joop "Sencha is a lot of work to incorporate it but has a lot of nice features (... lacking in OutSystems)
Been there, done that ..."

How did it go? did you continue to use it?
Hi Robert,

Regarding the problem you are describing, can you take a screenshot (Home + Sleep in iPhone) and post it here or send it and the oml to support@outsystems.com? I was not able to reproduce the issue. 

Thanks,
Tiago Simões
Regarding the problem you are describing, can you take a screenshot (Home + Sleep in iPhone) and post it here or send it and the oml to support@outsystems.com? I was not able to reproduce the issue. 

Able to scroll to right, which contains blank space...
Hi Robert,

This is very strange indeed. Looking at your screenshot it looks like you're just using the unmodified Mobile Sales: people at OutSystems use that app every other day on all sorts of smartphones for demo purposes and I haven't come across any other reports of that problem. :(

In any case, I tried today on an iPhone 3GS and 4 and didn't get an horizontal scrollbar (only vertical):

Could you try the app on a couple more phones and let us know if it happens on other devices?

Thanks,

Miguel
@Miguel

iPad it is working, without horizontial scrollbar.

iPhone contains horizontial scrollbar.

Also note, the iPhone device is running iOS 5 (the next version of iOS, and not iOS 4)

Ahhh.... ok. That probably explains it.

Since iOS5 is in beta and hasn't been released yet, it is currently unsupported by the Agile Platform. I will submit an issue to our Product Maintenance team so they can look into this upcoming version and determine whose bug this might me.

Many thanks for pointing this out, Robert. :)

Cheers,

Miguel
@Robert.

I stopped using it since I could not get past the problem of the AJAX pages, as Tiago explained.
@Robert

EDIT:

We managed to reproduce the problem you described, using the latest iOS 5 build, posted on October 4 (build 9A334).
We'll work on fixing this problem.

Thanks,

Pedro Pacheco
@Pedro

Thanks.

I have this problem too, using the Safari browser, the images attached:
Only after many refreshing the page is normal.

Hélio Dolores @outsystems fixed this issue already, it should be released soon???

Will let him know about this thread :)

Nice!
I am currently evaluating some platforms and your have been my first choice, this bug is that only made ??me sad = (

Some good soul can give me his email, tks :P
Hi Paulo, 

ask support@outsystems.com (for the solution)

cheers, 
RNA

Ok thanks, allready sended the mail

no answer from support, i think the problem found using the safai browser is located in particular em Login module.

I have the same issue but only with chrome, but if I press F12 (dev tools) it reloads the page correctly...In Safari, Opera, Firefox and even in IE I get the correct page...Probably something with an extension or something

Best regards,
PC
Download the fix attached.