Column in datagrid to be made linkable
Application Type
Reactive

Hi there, i have a requirement where i need to make a particular column in my datagrid linkable. My datagrid gets its values from a userdefined list. I've come across some posts and figured out that we have to use "action column" widget for the datagrid. I am confused as i do not know how to implement it. It is asking for a mandatory Header and a handler. I am referring to this "https://personal-ww5hcsw8.outsystemscloud.com/DataGridSampleReactive/ActionColumnClickEvent" but i get very little information from it.

Can anyone help me out or share me a link on how to use the action columns. 

Hi Akash,

Please find the attached sample OML. This OML I have created action column in data grid.

https://personal-itafqtdv.outsystemscloud.com/DataGridSample/Home

Thanks

Vinod

DataGridSample.oml

Instead of an entity I have a struct. I tried to implement like you did, it throws an error saying, "The binding doesn't match any valid column". Could you please help!!

For Structure - You need to use Column name directly. No need to use structure name.

Thanks

Vinod

Solution

Hi @Akash Venugopal ,

To make your collumn values with links, as you said, you need to drag an action column into the GridCollumns placeholder.

The Header is mandatory because it is the Title that will appear in your collumn, in this case I gave "Name" as title,

In the TextFromBinding attribute I give the entity.attribute name for the values that i want to appear in that collumn.

The ClickEvent handler action will be triggered everytime you click on a specific column cell, and inside that action you should apply any logic you want. At runtime it looks like this:

With any of those values clickable, and triggering the handler action that you defined
Did this help you in any way?

Cheers,
Paulo

I am trying to use a struct instead of an entity, i get an error "The binding doesn't match any valid column". Could you please help

What are you trying to accomplish? What is your column linked to? What does it do when interacted? What is the desired outcome?

I want to link it to a new screen. I already have a userdefined list(struct list) as mentioned above which stores values to be displayed in a grid. I want to make the second column of that grid linked to a newscreen. 

DataGridSample.oml

Hi Akash,

Please find the attached sample OML. This OML I have created action column in data grid.

https://personal-itafqtdv.outsystemscloud.com/DataGridSample/Home

Thanks

Vinod

DataGridSample.oml

Instead of an entity I have a struct. I tried to implement like you did, it throws an error saying, "The binding doesn't match any valid column". Could you please help!!

For Structure - You need to use Column name directly. No need to use structure name.

Thanks

Vinod

Solution

Hi @Akash Venugopal ,

To make your collumn values with links, as you said, you need to drag an action column into the GridCollumns placeholder.

The Header is mandatory because it is the Title that will appear in your collumn, in this case I gave "Name" as title,

In the TextFromBinding attribute I give the entity.attribute name for the values that i want to appear in that collumn.

The ClickEvent handler action will be triggered everytime you click on a specific column cell, and inside that action you should apply any logic you want. At runtime it looks like this:

With any of those values clickable, and triggering the handler action that you defined
Did this help you in any way?

Cheers,
Paulo

I am trying to use a struct instead of an entity, i get an error "The binding doesn't match any valid column". Could you please help

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.