[OutSystems Charts Web] PieChart issue (Web Application)
charts-web
Web icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.14.15 (Build 60176)

Hi everyone,

A week ago, after a last compilation I realized that my pie chart had disappeared.

I definitely hadn't made any kind of changes to the graphic. I started to check what it could be. I refreshed the corresponding dependencies and inspected the code.

I was able to get a partial fix: to make the chart reappear by removing the code I had in the "HightchartsJSON" section that was allowing the chart to look "doughnut" styled:

"plotOptions: {

foot: {

innerSize: '50%'

}

}"

If I try to add again this code, my graphic disappears completely again during execution.

I also noticed that my ToolTip has completely disappeared as well (making my chart pretty useless)!

This is a picture after my partial solution:

This problem seems to be outside of my configuration, does not have logic and is more due to some kind of issue on the/my platform.

Could someone tell me what happened?

Thanks for reading and best regards.

Martin.

Solution

Hi Martin Moctezuma

The fix for this issue will be released on the new version (1.1.5) with ETA planned for May 30, 2022.
If you have any time constraints please reach me out.

Cheers,
GM

Hi,

Could you share oml file for this. So can check if this is platform issue or any other.

Regards

Thanks for your help Vikas.

I created a webscreen on another web application project.

I copied the chart from my original project: the issue persists.

Then, I created a new chart and the problem persists as well:

1. The tooltip does not work any more

2. If I add the next code, both charts (copied and created) disappear...

pie: {

}

}"

I try also at this form and automatically the chart disappear.

pie: innerSize: '50%'
}"

Thanks for your help.

Employees_OAuth (with chart webscreen).oml

Hi Martin,

Both the problem with the tooltip not being displayed, and the chart outright disappearing if you try to turn it into a donut, I think are bugs introduced by some recent version of the Charts Web component, so I would enter a bug report if I were you, if you need this for professional purposes.

I had a test in my personal environment, and this is what I see :

In april, there have been 2 updates of this component in my environment.  Version 9 and version 10.  If I test with version 9, i get a donut, and tooltips.

If I test with version 10, both problems appear:

So if you have control over this, you could try to go back to a lower version to make it work again, but that's not a situation that you want to persist too long, because you are maybe missing out on improvements in later versions.

Dorine

Doring,

Thanks for your help. I published a lower version of OutSystemsChartsWeb, refreshed my dependences and added the AdvancedFormat to draw the donut and now is working well again.

I'll document this version, and step the bad one, waiting for an update without issues.

Thanks a lot for your help Doring, my app is now on production working well again with your help.

Have a great day.

Martin.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Dorine,

The Web versions are 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 I think? I cannot find the 9 and 10 versions in the description?

I'm not sure where I can see this information

mvp_badge
MVP

Service Center / Factory / Modules / Charts

thanx, found it

my version 10 is 1.1.4, and has problems

my version 2 is 1.1.3

but I also have an in-between version 9, installed hours before version 10, and this one doesn't have the same problems as version 10

So conclusion, yes the problems are introduced between version 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

Hi Martin Moctezuma,

Thank you for sharing this.
I just want to share that we will look into this, sorry for the constraint.

Best Regards,
João Ferreira

Solution

Hi Martin Moctezuma

The fix for this issue will be released on the new version (1.1.5) with ETA planned for May 30, 2022.
If you have any time constraints please reach me out.

Cheers,
GM

So if you are still having this issue (from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4), to fix this you need to turn the parameter that you pass in your advancechart_init -> highchartJson as a string into an object. 

So in you case it will be something like

From this 

}

}"

to this

"{

plotOptions: {

}

}

}"

if you need additional parameters separate them by a comma like before eg: 

"{

plotOptions: {

}

},

legend: {

itemStyle: {

color: '#001e46',

fontSize: 13,

fontWeight: 'normal'

}

}

}"

good tip !

it does solve the donut, but not the missing tooltips.

Hi.

That's the initial regression issue.

Cheers,
GM

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.