DropdownSearch i can't find the option EmptyText 🔎🧐
Discussion

Hi all,
I'm using the DropdownSearch element to give a list of options to the client. But the client also has the option not to select I am looking for an option similar to Empty Text

I look for it but I can't find it.

have a nice day

Cheers

Hey @Cristian Angel Puma Villalva 

What do you want to show if the client doesn't select a value? Since there will be no selection, can't you use the prompt? Or you can you append a value to the list?

Have a nice day!

Hello  @Cristian Angel Puma Villalva  

I didn't understood very well what are you asking.

But did you tried to add that option you want, manually on the list you are using? 

@Cristian Angel Puma Villalva, You are in the right spot. You just need to add something to your "empty text" box. If you put in " " (with a space between them) this will enable a blank spot in your list with all other values available on interaction.

@Asher 

her problem is that this 'empty text' option is there on the deprecated version of this widget, but not anymore on the new version.

@Cristian Angel Puma Villalva if you look at the description of the 'prompt' option, that is exactly the same as the description of the 'empty text' option of the deprecated widget.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work the same anymore, it only serves as a prompt before anything is selected, but doesn't appear as an option to select, so you can't deselect a selected value.  

It looks like they put in a lot of effort to make selecting of multiple values pretty, but messed it up for selecting a single value, they broke the "and to serve as an empty value" part. 

So a workaround is as Laura and Bruno are suggesting, to manually add an empty row to your list.

Dorine

Hi @Dorine Boudry  

Is correct Dorine, they have removed that option.

for the moment I will have to modify my list with an empty value.

Thank you.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.