Forge Component Update in Different Environments

Hi All,

I want to Update my Forge component to get updated features of that.

Applications are pre-deployed in all environment and they consuming that forge component also.

If we update a Forge Component in Development environment will it automatically updated to Production and QA or i have to update in each environment.

1- What be the effect of this on my running Applications??

2- What will be the best approach to perform this activity.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jitendra

Hi Jitendra,

You can update the forge component in DEV, test it properly and then deploy it along with the other apps in the next scheduled deployment.

Hope this helps,

Pedro

Hi Jitendra,

Update all the forge components first in your development environment, refresh the dependency and then test all the consumer applications, Once everything is correct then deploy the forge components and consumer applications in other environments.

Applications are pre-deployed in all environment and they consuming that forge component also.

Yes then also, start updating forge components and consumer applications in the development environment first, test everything is working properly, and then proceed ahead to the next environment. 

So i need to redeploy my applications or update my forge component in each environment and test applications??

Yes, you just need to update the forge component in the Dev environment and refresh the consumer applications, once you are satisfied with testing then deploy everything (Forge component and Consumer Applications) in another environment. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.