Question
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.14.14 (Build 59923)
Platform Version
11.15.0 (Build 34858)

In a mobile app, I am getting the following error when sending an email:

The email 'Emails_simple' could not be created. '"=?utf-8?Q?Platforms=20&=20Integrations' is not a valid email address. 

Below is the Action that sends an email:

And the email screen looks like this:

Emails are working in traditional and reactive apps. It was also working in the mobile app until about a week ago. Nothing changed in the mobile app. It was working one day. Then the next day it wasn't.

Any ideas what might be the issue here? It just doesn't make sense to me that the email address, which is typed in as a string literal, is getting wiped out and replaced by some weird query string.

Thanks again for your continued assistance. I made a minimal repro with string literals  instead of variables for inputs to the "Send Email" action. And that repro was done in a Traditional Web app. Same error. Which is very weird since our other apps are working.

I've forwarded the issue to some folks who have more access than I do. I'm going to consider this issue closed as it seems that it is something about how the email settings are configured and Service Center.

Champion

Hi,

If if working before and working on traditional and reactive, can you check on the address (if it "correct" format).

Other than that, can you screenshot the error log (The email 'Emails_simple' could not be created. '"=?utf-8?Q?Platforms=20&=20Integrations' is not a valid email address.)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Toto.

Indeed, the email address is valid. I use the built in email validation.

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Champion

I think you must check the logic to pass the email address. Based on the log, it's seems that the address is "=?utf-8?Q?Platforms=20&=20Integrations". 

What I'm thinking is the variable is passing the wrong value to the "To" field. 

Thanks again for your continued assistance. I made a minimal repro with string literals  instead of variables for inputs to the "Send Email" action. And that repro was done in a Traditional Web app. Same error. Which is very weird since our other apps are working.

I've forwarded the issue to some folks who have more access than I do. I'm going to consider this issue closed as it seems that it is something about how the email settings are configured and Service Center.

Hi,

Do you have Configure OutSystems to Send Emails?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Configure_OutSystems_to_Send_Emails

Thanks for your reply Bruno Rendeiro.

Yes, we have configured OutSystems to send emails. We have lots of apps sending emails. We have not been using emails in React or mobile apps. All our apps are using a traditional web app to send email, even if the app which needs to send email is React or mobile.

But, with that said, some emails sent via the mobile app did work. However, worked when I was running the app with the debugger active. When I preview the app in the browser or on my phone, the email doesn't work at all.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.