Implement CAS login in reactive app
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

Is it possible to implement CAS (Central Authentication Service) login in OutSystems? 

I've created an application that only works when users are logged in. The default login system works fine, but at my current organization, everything goes through CAS login -  I have all the required parameters (as I have used CAS through Laravel(PHP framework) months ago). But I'm not able to figure out a way to include the CAS authentication in Outsystems.

I tried to work my way around by reading this : Updating Login Logout Flows & Use an External Authentication Provider, but couldn't understand anything for CAS. 

Champion
Solution

Hi Aman,

There are 2 types of authentication on the platform, for IT Users (Service Studio, Service Center, Lifetime, etc.), and Application Users (with access to applications).

I believe you want to configure an external provider to authenticate application users.

See the documentation:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End_Users/End_Users_Authentication

These are the external authentication mechanisms offered by the platform, and there is a guide on how to use each type.

LDAP
Authenticates the end user against your LDAP server, either using LDAP configured for Active Directory or standard LDAP.
Check how to Configure LDAP Authentication.
SAML 2.0
Uses SAML-based authentication to authenticate the end users with Single Sign-On (SSO) provided by commercial Identity Provider companies like OneLogin and PingFederated.
Check how to Configure SAML 2.0 Authentication.
Azure AD
Uses SAML-based authentication to authenticate the end users with Single Sign-On (SSO) provided by the Azure AD Identity Provider.
Check how to Configure Azure AD Authentication.
Okta
Uses SAML-based authentication to authenticate the end users with Single Sign-On (SSO) provided by Okta.
Check how to Configure Okta Authentication.

Regards, 

Pedro Costa

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for the reply. I had to take help from someone to figure out a way to implement this as there were multiple parameters that was required and were not there in any of the links above. 

Thanks anyways for your suggestion. I believe I took some help from LDAP as well so marking it as answer for now.

Regards,

Aman

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.