database migration between app version

Hi,

we want to implement, additional to the versioning in OutSystems, data migration mechanism.

My Idea was to add a timer that runs on every deployment. This action compares the last and current app version. Based on that information, it will decide, if up or down steps has to be done.

My Questions are, exists something like this already in OutSystems? Can I get at least the current and the last version of the current app, so I can do such a division?

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian

Hi,

Yes Outsystems already have mechanism to store and maintain different versions logs with functionality to change current deployment.

You can check that either in Service center : <your_env>.outsystemscloud.com/servicecenter/Application_Edit.aspx 

or in Lifetime : <your_env>.outsystemscloud.com/lifetime/Application_Details.aspx 

mvp_badge
MVP

How is this an answer to the question?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Why not create an on deploy trigger and a site property to steer that the timer is only triggered once per environment in deployment. That would be an easier solution that doesn't require you to check app versions.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

thanks for the reply. The idea was behind to set up everything once (beside the migration logic) and then don't touch it again without any interactions anymore. 

The manual Workflow should be as low as possible. This strategy will be used in many microservices and apps in our OutSystems ecosystems.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.