How to  do Auto Import and Export for the below scenario?

Scenario is as follows:

• I want to download excel data from the Outsystem to a specific location in the local system and if I want to do any changes in the excel I need to do it.  Again need to auto import the updated excel into the Outsystem in a regular interval.
  • Both export and import should happen in regular intervals daily.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Banu,

I have created a sample for auto import products from FTP. Please find the attached sample app.

You can use below free FTP -

https://dlptest.com/ftp-test/

Please follow the below steps -

1. Upload the Sample_Products.xlsx file on FTP.

2. I have created a timer(ImportProductData) and its schedule is When Published. You can change  its schedule as per your requirements.

2. Publish this sample. Check the data in Sample_Products entity.

Thanks

Vinod

AutoImportFromFtp.oml

Hi Banu,

You can use timers to execute this task on daily but for import and export you need a shared location. Shared location might be FTP, Shared drive that is accessible from server and your system.

Thanks

Vinod

Thank you for your reply.

My issue in auto import/ export is I cant able to fetch the file from the specific location. 

I can able to do import and export at run time but not able to do automatically. 

I have used FileSystem Plugin for it but  can't get the  result.

Can you explain the logic used to fetch/place the file from/to specific location? 

Do you have Ftp or shared location? 

I am using Shared location. And can we store it in local device?

Shared location - Make sure that shared location is accessible from OutSystems front end server. I am assuming that you are using On-premise environment.

Local Device location is not accessible by OutSystems front end server.

Hi Banu,

I have created a sample for auto import products from FTP. Please find the attached sample app.

You can use below free FTP -

https://dlptest.com/ftp-test/

Please follow the below steps -

1. Upload the Sample_Products.xlsx file on FTP.

2. I have created a timer(ImportProductData) and its schedule is When Published. You can change  its schedule as per your requirements.

2. Publish this sample. Check the data in Sample_Products entity.

Thanks

Vinod

AutoImportFromFtp.oml

Please find the attached  Sample_Products.xlsx file as well.

Sample_Products.xlsx

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.