How to show dropdown based on ID

Hello All, 

Here i having booking list, so i want to make it when the b = 3 (car) in the dropdown item it will only shown type car, and when b = 2 (projector) then the dropdown item will only shown type Projector. 

A is this 

and b is this 

How to build like that? Thanks very much before

Best Regards,
Ran

Hey Ran, 

What you're seem to be missing, is a relationship table between your booking types and their selectable item choices. That would look like this : 

TrxBookingMstCategory entity (relating types to items)
Type Car - Item Car A
Type Car - Item Car B
Type Projector - Item Projector A
Type Projector - Item Projector B

this would allow your data model to get a specific item list per type. However, in your current UI design, because you have the dropdown list inside the table, you would still need to get a list inside a list, which cannot be done in an aggregate, but via SQL.

I'd personally advise you to have the item dropdown, which seems to be an editing feature, inside a booking detail screen, if that's acceptable as a solution to your requirement.

ahh, okayy.. i really understand now.. it helped me a lot
Thankyou for the solution and the advice Gwen,
Really appreciated it Gwen!
Thankyou!

Here is my oml , you guys can see it from screen TrxBookingsGA , thankyou!

BookingSystemNew.oml

Hey Ran, 

What you're seem to be missing, is a relationship table between your booking types and their selectable item choices. That would look like this : 

TrxBookingMstCategory entity (relating types to items)
Type Car - Item Car A
Type Car - Item Car B
Type Projector - Item Projector A
Type Projector - Item Projector B

this would allow your data model to get a specific item list per type. However, in your current UI design, because you have the dropdown list inside the table, you would still need to get a list inside a list, which cannot be done in an aggregate, but via SQL.

I'd personally advise you to have the item dropdown, which seems to be an editing feature, inside a booking detail screen, if that's acceptable as a solution to your requirement.

ahh, okayy.. i really understand now.. it helped me a lot
Thankyou for the solution and the advice Gwen,
Really appreciated it Gwen!
Thankyou!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.