Split large Screens - What does this exacly mean?  Performance Best Practices - UI

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Best_Practices/Performance_and_Monitoring/Performance_Best_Practices_-_User_Interface

I am trying to prepare for a certification exam and I am finding it hard to understand some of the topics because I can't visiualzie an example in my head. Can you guys give me a scenario example of why this is important? Thanks

I really don't just want to read things and I would like to see it in action as well but I am finding it hard to do that myself because I always end up, thinking, "who does that? why would anyone want to do it this way?! etc etc"

I appreciate your feedback guys!

Regards,

Zack

Hi Reynald,

Here's a practical example that might help you better visualize this: imagine that you have a screen that lists employees and allows the user to select one from the list to present a long form do edit his details. You'll have at least 2 aggregates to fetch the required data (one for the list and another one for the details) and possibly a lot of inputs/widgets for the UI. This might result in a very big viewstate, which can greatly affect your application's performance.

In this scenario, adopting the suggested best practice would mean splitting this into 2 different screens. The first one lists the employees. When the user selects one of them, he's redirected to a different screen where he can edit the details.

I hope this helps illustrate what this suggested best practice is about.

Hi Aurelio,

I see. Gotcha. It's funny because we've been doing this best practice after all. Sometimes I just get inundated with the words in docunentations and I really just need an example to make it clear which you totally did. Thanks man!

Cheers,

Zack

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.