[Analytics Plugin (Firebase)] How to edit tracking permission popup's description (iOS)?
firebase-analytics-plugin
Mobile icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.16 (Build 40208)
Platform Version
11.13.2 (Build 32392)

Hello,

In the app, I need to request permission to track users (I was told by Apple that I needed to use AppTrackingTransparency framework).

I've already added the configuration files (generated in the Google Firebase Console) to Service Studio, for each environment and OS (iOS/Android), and also added the plugin dependency, such as it's referred in the documentation.

I'm also triggering the RequestTrackingAuthorization client action, as soon as the app loads, ensuring the app is compliant with Apple's Data Use and Sharing guidelines.

I've also added the custom description to the Extensibility Configurations of the application:

{
    "preferences": {
        "ios": [{
            "name": "USER_TRACKING_DESCRIPTION_IOS",
            "value": "A sua informação irá ser utilizada para fins estatísticos."
        }]
    }
}

However, as you can see in the picture attached, the custom description wasn't added.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

popup.JPG

Solution

We figured it out. you just have to add the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription line in preferences.Good luck. 

It worked! Thank you very much!

Hi Joao,

I'm having the same problem, did you manage to find a solution to this issue?

Solution

We figured it out. you just have to add the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription line in preferences.Good luck. 

It worked! Thank you very much!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.