Checkboxes in popover
Application Type
Reactive

Hey all, 

I am working on a filter using a popover, and I made a previous post around this. https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/79277/keep-popover-open/

This is the code snippet applied to the OnReady action for the web block being used, to prevent the popover from closing when clicked on. 

However, now the OnClick actions for the checkboxes are not running. I've attached a code snippet of what the checkbox action is. It is just a assign.  

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards, 

Emmanuel

Ah ok,

I didn't get from your post that in that case the popover had to remain open.  My suggestion was only helping in case you want same for checkbox as for button : execute the action AND close the popover.

Ok, so I adjusted your oml, forget about all I said before, your condition for the filter_btn can stay the same.  But inside it, where you do the stopPropagation, you have now stopped the action attached to the checkbox, you don't want that, so a solution is to call that action explicitly here after you stopped the propagation.

test with attached oml

Dorine

PopoverTestModified.oml

Hi Emmanuel,

You could figure this out, I think.

Take a look at your javascript, and say in plain English what it is you are doing there.

Why is the condition "!e.target.closest(.filter_btn)" included ?

I think the same is true for your checboxes : your stopPropagation is currently stopping the event from bubbling up to your client action.

Dorine

Hi, I've tried this, but the popover still closes. 

Please do you have a solution?

Thanks

Yes,

That´s what I was thinking about.

I´m not near a computer now, can you attach a demo oml with this problem in it, I´ll have a look tonight or tomorrow.

A few things you could do in the meantime :

• Add some console.log to your javascript
  • Verify that your checkboxes do really have a ´checkbox´ class

Dorine

Thank you for your help Dorine. 

I've attached a small demo oml of with the issue. In this demo, is there a way for me to select the check box, and leave the popover open until I press accept? 

Thank you again for the help.

Emmanuel

PopoverTest.oml

Ah ok,

I didn't get from your post that in that case the popover had to remain open.  My suggestion was only helping in case you want same for checkbox as for button : execute the action AND close the popover.

Ok, so I adjusted your oml, forget about all I said before, your condition for the filter_btn can stay the same.  But inside it, where you do the stopPropagation, you have now stopped the action attached to the checkbox, you don't want that, so a solution is to call that action explicitly here after you stopped the propagation.

test with attached oml

Dorine

PopoverTestModified.oml

Thank you Dorine, everything seems to be working properly now :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.