Error In Email Sending...

Error In Email Sending...

Hello All,

Email Does Not Send To User,
Facing This Problem From A Week,Any Help Plz.......

Regard 

Israr Ahmad..

Hi Israr

That seems to be a secondary exception when sending the email.

Please check the SMTP Configuration on the Service Center Administration -> Email page. Send us a screenshot of that page.

Additionally, when this error is logged on the Service Center, check if before or after you have other exceptions at the same time. If in doubt just post here the error log in excel format so we can take a look.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
thanx its solved...
Regards 
Israr
hi miguel,please i made a post sometime ago concerning the problem i had with sending email from my application.anytime i send an email i usually get  some errors at the error log at service center.here is a snippet of the error.

838119f-ffb5-4e4b-bc4d-c3af075a3b75
Time of Log:
2011-10-11 17:40:02

Tenant:
Application
User:

Session Id:

Server:
PHOENIX-PC
Module:
Email
Error sending email 24: 530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at                             
530 5.5.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 q8sm22893694vdg.9
MAIL FROM: <dexterity4u@gmail.com>
Stack:
at #GZb.#FZb.#7Zb(String smtpserver, Int32 smtpserverport, #HZb authType, String username, String password, String mail, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc)
at #EZb.#KZb.#JC()
at #EZb.#KZb.#eRb()
at #EZb.#TZb.#eRb(Job job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=6.0.0.2)
RequestUrl:
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale:
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 4044 ('Scheduler', Started='10/7/2011 11:04:42 PM', Priv=72Mb, Virt=593Mb)
TID: 13
.NET: 2.0.50727.5446

i even uniinstalled , reinstalled my platform server and used the instructions in configuring smtp server using smtp.gmail.com as explained in this forum and still i get these errors and the mail is never sent to my gmail address.should i try sending the mail using my local smtp server.ie. (localhost)first.please any help with regards to tackling this problem wil be deeply appreciated.here is a copy of a sample email sending app.
hi miguel,after some work around the error finally narrowed down to" Error sending email 23: 535-5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at                  
535 5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 jo8sm22863586vdb.20". i removed the username and password(because i used admin and admin as default user and passwordand it didnt authenticate)  from email configuration at service center.i left it blank and it generated this error.please what username and password  for the email configuration settings at service center would i have to specify because its kind of an authentication problem.thanks .
Hi Tmlewin

If you follow the link that is on the error that you posted (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257) it explains exactly what you have to use.

You are trying to use Gmail as a smtp server. Gmail does not accept anonymous logins, so you need to fill those.
It also needs a valid Gmail account credentials as explained in the link.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks joao for lending your help,but i have attached a screenshot of my service center configuration and i want you check out my settings and see if i have done something wrong because i did as u explained but this time it generates a different kind of error.i am currently running the app on localhost.i even tried to localhost with port n0 25 to see if any mail would be sent to my outlook like the outsystems tutorial and it still doesnt work.what baffles me is that i had no problems with email sending in my apps with version 5.1,but since i installed 6.0 i have been having troubles.
here is the new error i found at my service center error log.Thyis is the current error message(my app is running on a localhost)

Application
User:

Session Id:

Server:
PHOENIX-PC
Module:
Email
Error sending email 32: connection failed421 Service not available
Stack:
at #GZb.#FZb.#7Zb(String smtpserver, Int32 smtpserverport, #HZb authType, String username, String password, String mail, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc)
at #EZb.#KZb.#JC()
at #EZb.#KZb.#eRb()
at #EZb.#TZb.#eRb(Job job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=6.0.0.2)
RequestUrl:
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale:
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 4044 ('Scheduler', Started='10/7/2011 11:04:42 PM', Priv=70Mb, Virt=591Mb)
TID: 13
.NET: 2.0.50727.5446
Hi Tmlewin

I just tested on my machine with those exact same settings (my user/password of course) and it worked without problems.

Are you sure there is no firewall or redirect blocking that request?

You can also try to manually contact gmail server in the commandline to test your network

> telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
    EHLO
    STARTTLS

After the first command it should say something like "220 mx.google.com ESMTP"
and at the last, if everything correct you should have a response saying "220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS"

Regards,
João Rosado
hi Tmlewin,

i had a same error approx one week,i also tried so much but could not solved,but after some days i create another email at an other screen, so it was working then i test the previous that was also working with out any changes.....amazingggg
so try in an other espace...may be its work....

Regards
Israr
Hi again,

Also ..if too many fail attempts on failed logins might cause gmail to temporarily ban your ip. That could cause those strange behaviors.

Regards,
João Rosado
thanks Joao for your help and i have finally resolved the problem.its was as a result of invalid authentication between the agile platform server and smtp server from google.i updated my email account and restarted all services,reconfigured my smtp server settings and its working like charm .Great thanks and gratitude for your help and time spent.