Reactive extensions VS traditional extensions

Hi all! I really hope someone can help me find an aswer to this. I haveve an extension that makes parallel api calls. In case of traditional web while executing 500 calls it takes about 23 seconds( and it does not time out. even if i ramp up to 1000 calls, takes longer but does not time out). In reactive it times out after 10 seconds. I dont see how can i set a different timeout for extension. Any inputwill be appreciated

Solution

found the issue to be calling extension from a service module. can not configure timeout for a service module for some reason

Hi,

You're having timeout in 10 seconds in reactive because is the default value for server request timeout of your module probably:

I don't advise to change this value without asking yourself if it's the best way to solve the problem. We need to take care that the reactive paradigm is different from the Traditional. In reactive we have asynchronous calls and the way to develop our functionality have to change to the client/server perspective.

Hope this can help.

best regards,

Ricardo Pereira

The  sole reason im looking into extension for this is that api does not support filtering and only returns 1000 rows at a time. so i need to ask for each page separately. the call itself is kinda heavy too. takes 3-4 seconds each call. so having this i can not use what reactive offers out of the box. as i do not know how many pages are there. as to timeout values i did change them to 30 seconds but extension still times out at 10

Solution

found the issue to be calling extension from a service module. can not configure timeout for a service module for some reason

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.