What is an array in OutSystems language?
Question

I'ts not clear for me what is an array in the context of OutSystems language, and how the methods of arrays are aplied to it. I'm newbie in OutSystems and I like to get some depht information about it.

Best regards, 

Olliver.

Hi Olliver,

there are no arrays, per se, in Outsystems.

what exactly are you looking for ?  There are lists for holding more than one item of the same type.  That type can be basic type or a complex type like a structure or an entity or a record

There are both on client side and on server side some built in actions available to manipulate lists, like finding position of an item, filtering, sorting, ....

Many parts of the platform, like certain UI widgets, but als aggregates and sql widgets to retrieve data from the database, all work with these lists.

This you will all learn in the beginner courses.

Dorine

Hi Olliver,

there are no arrays, per se, in Outsystems.

what exactly are you looking for ?  There are lists for holding more than one item of the same type.  That type can be basic type or a complex type like a structure or an entity or a record

There are both on client side and on server side some built in actions available to manipulate lists, like finding position of an item, filtering, sorting, ....

Many parts of the platform, like certain UI widgets, but als aggregates and sql widgets to retrieve data from the database, all work with these lists.

This you will all learn in the beginner courses.

Dorine

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.