Help with apple certificate ios for Outsystems
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Team, I really need a help with generate certificate and provisioned file for an ios app. I've try to create by myself but I've strogled with that. Actually is too complicated for me as a newbie in program, but I paid $99 dolars for that and I'm so frustrated for it.

I'll be grateful to have some help.

best regards,

Solution

Hi @Olliver ,

Here are the steps to generate a P12 file

• Open Keychain Access application    
  • navigate to "certificate Assistant" then click "Request a certificate from a certificate authority" (make sure you are in the default keychain as login)        
  • in the popup fill the details            
    • User Email            
    • Common Name            
    • CA email (leave as blank)        
  • then select save to disk and click continue    
  • now go to the apple developer portal and generate a new certificate and download    
  • after downloading open the .cer file with Keychain Access    
  • then find your certificate under the "My Certificate" section    
  • expand the certificate and select the private key and export it as p12

I hope this helps you

As I said, I did all the steps, but the private key exported nowdays has the .p7b extension, my macOs is 12.5, I didin't know if it has relation with the version. But, I give up because It doens't worth all the hardwork. Thank you.

I did all the steps in this article, but the problem is that apple don't genarate the .p12 certificate extension nowdays they only genarate .p7b extensions for all cases. So the personal ide don't upload and recognize this files. I don't kow what to do, it's very frustrating. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 11.11.39.png

Solution

Hi @Olliver ,

Here are the steps to generate a P12 file

• Open Keychain Access application    
  • navigate to "certificate Assistant" then click "Request a certificate from a certificate authority" (make sure you are in the default keychain as login)        
  • in the popup fill the details            
    • User Email            
    • Common Name            
    • CA email (leave as blank)        
  • then select save to disk and click continue    
  • now go to the apple developer portal and generate a new certificate and download    
  • after downloading open the .cer file with Keychain Access    
  • then find your certificate under the "My Certificate" section    
  • expand the certificate and select the private key and export it as p12

I hope this helps you

As I said, I did all the steps, but the private key exported nowdays has the .p7b extension, my macOs is 12.5, I didin't know if it has relation with the version. But, I give up because It doens't worth all the hardwork. Thank you.

Someone have successfully generated apple certification recently?

Hi Olliver,
I have generated successfully for my recent project.

I'd like to tank you so much for your time, and for to offer help me. I know that nowdays people are so busy and didin't have time for the others. I'm very surprised with OutSystems community because our friends are always ready to help.

Once more thank you @Gee Kay !

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.