Service Studio Development - Automate Action Creation

TL;DR: Is there any way to automatically create actions in Service Studio? Through a trigger, or a script, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I've been using Outsystems for almost a couple years now and I am looking for ways to improve my workflow within Service Studio.

Whenever I am working on a project, and create a new entity, I find it useful to create a couple wrapper server actions for the Create and Update of that entity, where I can sanitize the inputs and do necessary validations.

While the actions are quick and easy to make, it starts to become tedious when there are a lot of entities, and most of them are pretty similar to each other.

So what I'm wondering is if there is a way of automating this process. Is there any way to automatically create actions in Service Studio? Maybe as a result of some kind of trigger (screen creation, entity creation, etc.), or a manual trigger (clicking a button in Service Studio, running a script, etc.).

I have tried to search for some way to do this, but have only found a couple abandoned threads from a few years back discussing something similar. 

I wonder if maybe there is a configuration setting, or a template I could create, or some command line tool, or an API, or even an external tool that could do it. I think if there is, it could be useful for other cases, but this is the one that I face most commonly.

Thanks! 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Ricardo,

This is a very common need, so much that I get the CRUDs out of the way as soon as we have a starting idea for the data model and the Core modules are created for an app. I don't believe there's an API or any other automation tool to do this. I just copy-paste the first set of CRUDs and change the references.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

I am pretty sure there are some sort of APIs as OutSystems builders generate modules of code. But these APIs, if exist are not available for us developers, only for OutSystems themselves i guess.

You could try an RPA tool to automate some tasks in OutSystems. 

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.