Access to the path is denied error while using File_Move function

Access to the path is denied error while using File_Move function

Dear Community,

I'm getting "Access to the path is denied" error while using File_Move function. I have given all rights to OSRuntime user. I want to move file from C:\Files\Test.xls to C:\Files\MoreFiles\Test.xls.

Please pour in suggestions.

Regards,
Shiva
First suggestion is to have the "C:\Files" with permissions to every user in the machine (sub folders should automaticly propagate).

I may be wrong, but isn't OSRuntime a database user? If so it has nothing to do with the problem since this is a filesystem error.

Best regards,
PC
Hi Shiva,

You'll need to give full access to the ASPNET user to c:\Files, if you're calling the File_Move from an OutSystems Web App. The actual name of the user changes depending on your Operating System, so please check that on the Web,

Hope this helps,

Miguel
Dear Pedro,

Many thanks for yopur response. OSRuntime is not only a DB user and C;\Files has proper rights to this role. Please suggest.

Regards,
Shiva
Hi Shiva,

the usual service name, from where I stand, is NETWORK SERVICE .

Have you tried to give access to this user to folder Files (where subfolders have the inheritance property set on) ?

To check if this is a permissions problem, you can also try (if the upper solution doesn't work) giving "Everyone" full control just for enough time to make sure this is the root of your situation.

Best Regards,

Diogo Cordovil S. Cordeiro
Again, I might be mistaken, but the OS Platform does not create any users in the machine it's installed, OSRuntime shouldn't exist at all in the users of that machine, unless specificaly created to be used in the ASP.Net, but that is not the normal configuration.

But as Miguel and Diogo pointed out, you need to give permissions to the ASPNET user. Do try to give permissions to everyone just to ensure the error is about permissions,  then try to figure out which user is being used.

Best regards,
PC
Pedro is correct, the Agile Platform does not create any users on the machine it's installed. Only DB users using the Configuration Tool.

Miguel