service studio 5.0 installer error

service studio 5.0 installer error

Hello all,

I was trying to install service studio 5.0.2.51, and the installer reports a fail, "Service Studio failed to run properly. Installation could not be completed!".

I tried multiple versios, uninstalling everything, re-installing, downgrade, upgrade, etc..

Has someone faced the same problem?

I attached the installer log.

Thanks in advance,
Rui Pereira
You are talking about the instalation in your machine, and then the Vista/Win 7 puts that warning at the end right?

I've not encountered that in a log time, but it's usually not a problem, the instalation went fine and it should be ok. Have you tried to run the Service Studio after that warning?

Best regards,
PC
Yes I have tried, and the process launches (see it in Task Manager) and after a couple of secs, it disappears, without any erros or info.

And yes, I am talking about the installation on my machine, but the error is from the installer, wich allows for a automatic send mail to the OutSystems support, but with no answer yet.

I can run service studio 6 without a problem, that's what's getting on my nerves...

Rui Pereira
I was checking the log, indeed it seems something went wrong in the instalation process (Service Studio failed to launch with error code -1073741571 )

Did you manage to send the e-mail to the support, or that too failed?

If it went through, you need them to answer you, not much I can do at this point

Best regards,
PC
Pedro Coelho thank you for your time, I got answer from OutSystems Support.

I needed to install .NET 3.5 SP1, and they gave me a diffent installer than the one on the site, and now its working.

Thanks again,

Rui Pereira
OS Support for the rescue :)

Glad they could help you out

Best regards,
PC