need to load pop only at first time Application loads not every time screen loads
Application Type
Reactive

I need to load pop only at first time Application loads not every time default screen of application loads. Kindly help me  to get solution for my scenario.

Champion
Solution

If you have this requirement and you want user to see the pop-up again if they login then you should use the Session Variable that will be expired on logout. 

If you want they should not see the pop-up from next logins in same browser then cookie will be used. 

If you want the logged-in person should see the pop-up one time and never again from any device then the flag will be saved in DB. 

The approach will be same each time which I have mentioned above but depending on your scenario you can choose where to keep the flag data

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

What is a pop?

Regards,

Daniel 

Sorry, it is typo. It should not pop. It is pop up.

Champion

Hey Narendra 

I assume you are talking for a Pop-up to show any information to the user when they first time open the application. 

You have various options as solution to do this, but the one you can do is - 

You can SetCookies in a browser with a Boolean Variable to check if Pop-up is displayed or not. Once pop-up is displayed, you can update variable value for not to display. 

Please let us know in case your problem is different! 

Note: You will fine SetCookie and GetCookie actions from HTTPExtensions in Manage Dependency 

Thanks Manish. I will try solution provided by you.

Hi @Daniël Kuhlmann 

I suppose its a typo error. He should mean "pop-up" and not pop.

Hi @Narendra 

I already did such scenerio in my project.

Just confirm one thing---This pop up should load only once on each user login right? For example if I login the first time I should see the pop up and if I login again, I should not. But if you login the first time pop up should appear again.

Is the understanding correct?

Thanks

Shubham

Requirement is that if user login to application there should be pop up on default screen. But during same login user visit the same page there should not be any pop up appeared.

Champion
Solution

If you have this requirement and you want user to see the pop-up again if they login then you should use the Session Variable that will be expired on logout. 

If you want they should not see the pop-up from next logins in same browser then cookie will be used. 

If you want the logged-in person should see the pop-up one time and never again from any device then the flag will be saved in DB. 

The approach will be same each time which I have mentioned above but depending on your scenario you can choose where to keep the flag data

You are correct Shubham.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Create a user extended entity (Id equal to User Identifier) with a boolean ShoePopupOnFirstLogin. Set it's default value to true. Based on this value shoe the popup after login (common/login webblock) then change the value to false.

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.