Error creating Email. (404) Not Found.

Error creating Email. (404) Not Found.

I have an application that when the final step in a process is completed, one or two emails is sent. The first one has an Excel spreadsheet attached and is always sent. The second one has no attachment and is only sent if a certain condition is met. Neither has any images in them.

Whenever I test it on a specific server, at the point where the email should be sent, I get this error message:

Error creating Email. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

If I delete the emails from the action in the eSpace, it works fine. If I publish it locally with the emails included, it works fine and the emails send.

I have another application on the same server that has had no trouble at all sending emails. I even tried going back to an older version of the eSpace from before I started getting the errors and published it, and I still got the error.

So what is missing? What can't be found?

Any tips are much appreciated!
Britni,

Have you tried sending an e-mail in that action without attachment? And does that works?

Strange is that another application send the e-mail, so the settings in service center should be set correctly. Can you see the error message in service center for the e-mail error?

Kind regards,
Evert
Yes, I tried it without the attachment and it still didn't work. I even tried deleting all the content from the email and any logic related to it. Still didn't work. The only way it worked was if the emails were taken out completely.

It's weird ... I started getting the error after I only changed some text and the max characters in an attribute. I tried to see if either of those were causing it for some reason, but I haven't found any evidence that it is. Especially since going back to an older version doesn't fix it.

Here's the error stack:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Email.EmailHelper.HttpGetContent(String ssUrl, String method, String contentType, String userAgent, Cookie cookie, QueryParameter[] parameters, String& ssContent, String& ssContentEncoding)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Email.EmailHelper.HttpPost(String ssUrl, QueryParameter[] parameters, String userAgent, Cookie cookie, String& ssContent, String& ssContentEncoding)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Email.EmailProcessor.SendEmailRequest(String url, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc, Int32 activityId, String emailDefSSKey, Boolean storeContent, EmailType type) On
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Email.EmailProcessor.SendEmailRequest(String url, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc, Int32 activityId, String emailDefSSKey, Boolean storeContent, EmailType type)
at ssDealerPurchaseOrders.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnOrder4_Shipping.CommandSubmitOrder_Submit(HeContext heContext)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 87 (Id=464, PubId=447, CompiledWith=6.0.0.8)
RequestUrl: http://dealers.gemvision.com/DealerPurchaseOrders/Order4_Shipping.aspx
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/DealerPurchaseOrders-871-129677688520429809
FilePath: C:\...\PS\running\DealerPurchaseOrders.01992248867\Order4_Shipping.aspx
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: MM/dd/yyyy
PID: 3268 ('w3wp', Started='8/17/2011 8:21:43 PM', Priv=523Mb, Virt=1585Mb)
TID: 43
.NET: 2.0.50727.5446
I'm having this problem that started mysteriously.
Any solution?

Thiago,

Some more context? How are you calling the eMail? All in the same eSpace or is the eMail in another eSpace?

Kind regards,
Evert

Same eSpace.
Works perfectly in QA environment. Problem happens in production.

Error creating Email. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Email.EmailHelper.HttpGetContent(String ssUrl, String method, String contentType, String userAgent, Cookie cookie, QueryParameter[] parameters, String& ssContent, String& ssContentEncoding)
Thiago -

That means that you have an image or some other asset referenced in the email that is not available in that Production environment.

J.Ja
The problem occur when access a site with SEO URL configuration.
Any suggestion ?
Thiago,

You could try to set the email in another eSpace and call that email trough a public action. Don't know if it will work, but maybe worth a try?

Kind regards,
Evert

When I access hostname/<original_app_name> it's work.
When I access hostname/<seo_url_alias_for_this_app> it's fail.

Thanks by replies.