Beginer questions

Beginer questions

Hello,

I started using the Agile Platform 2 days ago, so I'm a beginer and I followed the firts 5 or 6 tutorials provided by the application. I have 2 quick (maybe stupid) questions:

1)  What is the difference between creating a table (an entity in Agile language) and Bootstarping a table from an Excel file and importing an Excel file directly as an entity?
2) What is the diffrece between Creating a web page to list data and Creating a web page to show data? I'm not a native englih speaker, but for me listing and showing are almost the same. 

Please explain these to me and when and why should I use one instead of antoher.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.
@Gyba

1)  What is the difference between creating a table (an entity in Agile language) and Bootstarping a table from an Excel file and importing an Excel file directly as an entity?

When a table is created for bootstraping from an excel file, the software will create the entity table, structure, add the excel as a resource and create actions to import the data into your application.

Sometimes you might not want to create bootstrap features, so you would just create the entity table on your own, in addition to this, you might want to create relationship between one or more tables, the software will not know about the relationship when you automatically generate the tables from an excel file - you will need to create the table on your own. Or just have the software generate the table and customise it to suit your own needs.

2) What is the diffrece between Creating a web page to list data and Creating a web page to show data? I'm not a native englih speaker, but for me listing and showing are almost the same. 

A <Webscreen_List>, as the name suggest, displays a number of records in a list, this is useful when you need to display more than 1 record.

A <Webscreen_Show>, will display specific information for a particular record. 

Thank you very much for your answer.