jboss and power cut

jboss and power cut

hi the team  , i am on outsystems j2ee hub server
after a sudden power cut, my jboss server doesn't boot normally : i got this error :

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Unable to create managed bean Service_Center_Main.  The following problems were found:
     - Bean or property class osservicecenter.managedbean.flowmain.EntryService_Center_Main for managed bean Service_Center_Main cannot be found.
     - Bean or property class osservicecenter.managedbean.flowmain.EntryService_Center_Main for managed bean Service_Center_Main cannot be found.

com.sun.faces.mgbean.ManagedBeanCreationException: Unable to create managed bean Service_Center_Main.  The following problems were found:
	at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanManager.create(BeanManager.java:204)
	at com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:86)
	at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:54)
	at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:72)
	at org.apache.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:61)
	at org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:186)
	at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.evaluateExpressionGet(ApplicationImpl.java:221)
	at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.PageComponent.getBean(Unknown Source)
	at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.PageComponent.encodeBegin(Unknown Source)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:928)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933)
	at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.doRenderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:266)
	at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:197)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.BaseRequestStartupFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
i already reboot all the services (jboss and outsystems)
what's wrong ?

thank you
Hi,

I had a similar problem, power shortage, and ended up (because time was pressing) to remove the deployment controller service and reinstalling it, running configuration tool again (without changing the catalog) and scinstall.

It worked (3 times now...) but it is not the best solution, and you will have to republish all the eSpaces...

But like I said, it works, and if time is a constraint for you, as it was for me, it is a way out.

Best of luck,

Rui Pereira
Hi Aminata,

Which version of the Agile Platform have you installed ?

### Approach 1 ###
Have you tried to run SCInstall (again) to see if it solves your problem?
If this solved your problem, and you still got errors in other eSpaces, try to republish them as well.

(Be sure to have your data backed up, before these next steps)
### Approach 2 ###
If a new SCInstall didn't solve the problem, there is another way of trying to fix it:
1) stop jboss (make sure it's really down. If you've waited for some time already and it didn't stop, kill the process).
2) inside $JBOSS_HOME/server/outsystems/  remove the directories:
$JBOSS_HOME/server/outsystems/tmp
$JBOSS_HOME/server/outsystems/work
3) start jboss, and check if it's OK.

If Service Center doesn't still work, try to do scinstall after these actions, and check again.

### Approach 3 ###
Repeat approach 2, but this time remove $JBOSS_HOME/server/outsystems/data as well
and check if it worked for you.

Let me know if it worked for you!

Cheers,

Pedro
RUI & Pedro  : thank u guys  , i admire your spontaneity.
i am running the outsystems version 5.0 (j2ee hub server on redhat  , and  "service studio & integration studio" on my windows xp  station)  
when running configuration tool again i got no problem but when running SCInstall (again)  , this is what i got :
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Publishing Extension(s)...
Publishing Extension 'OMLProcessor'...
Publishing Extension 'IntegrationStudio'...
Reading ServiceCenter.oml oml file information...
Adding ServiceCenter eSpace to database...
Compiling ServiceCenter eSpace...
Preparing ServiceCenter eSpace deployment...
Deploying ServiceCenter eSpace...
Creating ServiceCenter default tenant...
Message 1
  Id         : InternalError_GenericException
  Type       : [Error]
  Message    : Error publishing in node owi (127.0.0.1): Internal Error
  Submitable : true
  Details    :
Exception determining structure: AbstractVFSDeployment(ServiceCenter.war)
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException:Exception determining structure: AbstractVFSDeployment(ServiceCenter.war)
   at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
   at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:85)
   at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineStructure(MainDeployerImpl.java:1004)
   at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineDeploymentContext(MainDeployerImpl.java:440)
   at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:390)
   at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:300)
   at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.addDeployment(MainDeployerAdapter.java:86)
   at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.AbstractDeployHandler.start(AbstractDeployHandler.java:274)
   at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.AbstractDeployHandler.start(AbstractDeployHandler.java:260)
   at org.jboss.profileservice.management.upload.remoting.AbstractDeployHandler.invoke(AbstractDeployHandler.java:177)
   at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:891)
   at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:744)
   at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:697)
   at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:524)
   at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:232)
  ExtraInfo  :
CompModule : Broadcast Message

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hi Aminata,

Have you tried any other approaches I mentioned before ?

Cheers,

Pedro
Hi Pedro, your last solution worked for me

This is what i got for each approach

++  the 
### Approach 1 ### : i got  this error   :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating ServiceCenter default tenant...
Message 1
  Id         : InternalError_GenericException
  Type       : [Error]
  Message    : Error publishing in node owi (127.0.0.1): Internal Error
  Submitable : true
  Details    :
Exception determining structure: AbstractVFSDeployment(ServiceCenter.war)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+
+  the  ### Approach 2 ### : i got connected to service center. but from  service studio (on windows ) i could not  publish applications because i got error "cannot  :connect to the server"

++
### Approach 3 ###  :  worked very well for me : not only i got connected to service center through firefox , but  i also got connected to my hub-server  from service center!

thank u again