[Sortable AF] Sortable AF doesn't work well with search and/or pagination
sortable-af
Reactive icon
Forge component by Greg Whitten
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

I am using Sortable AF with a table and every time I do a search or move to another page I receive the error message below.  This error is linked to the Javascript available on OnRender. Someone could help me to fix it?

You can try placing the Sortable\SortableList widget into an IF element on your UI, and set the condition as "not IsDataLoading".

This will make sure whenever you have a new data loaded on the list / grid (via paging / searching etc.), you would reset the value of IsDataLoading to True when starting to load the new data and then set it to False when you've finished loading it.

This will make sure no sorting will be allowed between the transition time, and also that after the data is loaded, the Sortable feature will be applied to all the new elements visible on the UI.

Hi Luciano,

Many things can go wrong with an incorrect javascript implementation. Can you share a minimal version of your OML file to demonstrate this error?

You can try placing the Sortable\SortableList widget into an IF element on your UI, and set the condition as "not IsDataLoading".

This will make sure whenever you have a new data loaded on the list / grid (via paging / searching etc.), you would reset the value of IsDataLoading to True when starting to load the new data and then set it to False when you've finished loading it.

This will make sure no sorting will be allowed between the transition time, and also that after the data is loaded, the Sortable feature will be applied to all the new elements visible on the UI.

Hello Luciano,

You use the Demo app to implement your use case?

I try the demo app and it worked without errors..

Best Regards,

Fábio Vaz

Hi Ravi and Fábio,

when I tried to create a sample to reproduce the error, I found the problem. The IsDataFetched was managed in the web block I use to do the data presentation and I am leaving this tip for someone that could come across the same error.  Today (when I was returning with this answer) I realized that there were more messages with tips related to this problem. Thank you so much for your time and attention to answer my question. Everything is working fine now.  I wish you all a merry christmas and happy new year.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.