Problem Finding Outsystems AMI at Amazon EC2

Problem Finding Outsystems AMI at Amazon EC2

I hope someone can help me with this problem.  I am trying to deploy an application to Amazon EC2 servers using the preconfigured Outsystems platform.  I am following instructions in this tech note: http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=How-to-Install-the-Agile-Platform-Community-Edition-in-the-Amazon-Cloud____1
The problem is, I can't find the Outsystems Agile Platform AMI on the Amazon AWS sight.  Has Amazon dropped Outsystems, or am I looking in the wrong place? 
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

It's still there. In the instance request wizzard when you're choosing an AMI, if you search for 'outsystems' on the community AMI's it shows up.
Alan Rudt wrote:
I hope someone can help me with this problem.  I am trying to deploy an application to Amazon EC2 servers using the preconfigured Outsystems platform.  I am following instructions in this tech note: http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=How-to-Install-the-Agile-Platform-Community-Edition-in-the-Amazon-Cloud____1
The problem is, I can't find the Outsystems Agile Platform AMI on the Amazon AWS sight.  Has Amazon dropped Outsystems, or am I looking in the wrong place? 
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi Alan

OutSystems still uses and continues to promote the use of the Amazon cloud to deploy OutSystems Agile Platform Servers.
The image with the Community Edition is still available - it is AMI ami-0e7dae67.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.  I think the problem is that I'm looking in the wrong place.  I've set up my cloud account but I can't seem to find the area indicated in the tech note and in your screen shot.  I will keep trying... thanks again.
1 - AWS Management Console 
https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home

2 - Click launch instance
3 - Classic Wizzard
4 - Community AMIs tab
Thanks very much for the replies, which enabled me to find the Outsystem AMI and launch an instance.  But a new problem has come up connecting to the server.

When I try to connect Service Studio to a new server (i.e. the Amazon cloud) I use the Public DNS from the EC2 instance.  But what Username and Password do I use?  Is it an Outsystems password or Amazon?  I've tried various combinations but I keep getting 'Connection Failed' message, which I assume is a user/password issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi Alan

By default the credentials should be admin/admin. You can confirm however by pointing your web-browser to http://your-amazon-instance/ServiceCenter - if you get a login screen like the one below, then it is admin/admin:

If not, please let us know. We will check what happened with the image - and give you a way to reset the password.
Thanks.  I can get in to Service Center with Admin/Admin, but I can't seem to switch from Localhost to the Amazon server I've set up..  I put in the Public DNS, then Admin/Admin, but it won't connect.

Hello Everyone, thanks for your help with prior posts, all very helpful.

Despite following the instructions in the Outsystems tech note, I am not able to connect Service Center to an instance of the Amazon server, Outsystems AMI.  I think the problem is due to username/password.  My question is, what username/password should I use when trying to connect to the AMI public DNS?  Is it something I need to set up on the Amazon EC2 console, or is it something I set up within Service Center?  I've tried many things but I can't get it to connect.  Can you help?  Thanks.
Alan Rudt wrote:
Hello Everyone, thanks for your help with prior posts, all very helpful.

Despite following the instructions in the Outsystems tech note, I am not able to connect Service Center to an instance of the Amazon server, Outsystems AMI.  I think the problem is due to username/password.  My question is, what username/password should I use when trying to connect to the AMI public DNS?  Is it something I need to set up on the Amazon EC2 console, or is it something I set up within Service Center?  I've tried many things but I can't get it to connect.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Have you tried admin/admin all with lower cases?

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Yes, I tried admin/admin (which works fine for localhost connection.)  I also tried Administrator/outsustems, outsystems/outsystems, and a bunch of other combinations.

What I really want to know is whether the user/passwork is an Outsystems-generated security combination, or an Amazon thing/  If I knew that then I could look around and probably figure it out.  Does anyone know the answer?
Alan Rudt wrote:
Yes, I tried admin/admin (which works fine for localhost connection.)  I also tried Administrator/outsustems, outsystems/outsystems, and a bunch of other combinations.

What I really want to know is whether the user/passwork is an Outsystems-generated security combination, or an Amazon thing/  If I knew that then I could look around and probably figure it out.  Does anyone know the answer?

The user and password you use in Service Studio to connect to the server is the same that you use to login in Service Center. So if admin/admin works in Service Center, it must work in Service Studio as well.

The user/password is generated by OutSystems, and by default is admin/admin. When you change the admin password, the disclaimer in the login page is removed (as the disclaimer itself indicates).
If you are having problems, please try connecting:
  • Directly using the IP, instead of the hostname (e.g. instead of ec2-.... use IP 204.236.193.160 . Always use lowercase admin/admin;
  • If that fails, try using IP:80, e.g.: 204.236.193.160:80
Please note that if the error is invalid password you will get an invalid password message. If the problem is another (like the connection waiting forever until it times out) please let us know.

Cheers,