Trying to use google maps api

Trying to use google maps api

Hi!

I have a problem.
I wanted to have a google maps embedded in my application.

When I searched several topics in here I could not find the answer.
I have copied the google maps api from the "expenses" application from Outsystems.

But if I want a streetname to be automaticly shown on the map I can only do this by longitude and latitude.

When I look into the java script I notice that the google script uses a geocoder from google itself (As is seems to me)

Now my problem is that I want that people can make an new contact in wich they can fill in the addres of the contact.
When the contact is saved I have a popup what is supposed to show the location of that contact on the google maps.

Unfortunately I can't assume that the people will fill in the longitude and latitude of the contact.
So I was wondering if any of you could help me with this.
i downloaded the google map componenet and set it it up.But anytime i try to run the sample.oml online it tells me that i am using an invalid api key even when i generated a fresh api key for the application.i downloaded the latest googlemap.osp component( i think version 2.002). i would like to know if the component uses google map v3 api cos it doesnt require an api key to use.
Hi,

I just copied the googlemap extension from the expenses app made by Outsystems.
Just a control+c and control+v action.

You might try that, that worked fine for me.
Can somebody help me with this please?
I'm stuck now for the moment.
Hi Daan,

Take a look at this: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/geocoding.html
Under the section "Status Codes" you will see how to translate an address into a location and use that location to center the map.

You also have here a simple example: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/geocoding-simple.html

I hope this helps.
I tried that, but I'm not good at scripting, so for me the scripting is just Ctrl+C  Ctrl+V.
But I'm known a bit with the basis.

Allthough whatever i try, my map will disappear.

I made a copy of my .oml so you can see what I mean.
Daan

Here goes a working example.
Tmlewin Eruchie wrote:
i downloaded the google map componenet and set it it up.But anytime i try to run the sample.oml online it tells me that i am using an invalid api key even when i generated a fresh api key for the application.i downloaded the latest googlemap.osp component( i think version 2.002). i would like to know if the component uses google map v3 api cos it doesnt require an api key to use.

The current version is using the V3 API, you can clear the api key from the site property and the warning message will disappear.
Thank you very much.
It works fine now! :)
I downloaded TestGoogleMaps.oml above and the map controls are squashed if using London Theme (see pic)... works OK if the theme is black.
Can anyone help identify the conflicting CSS that is preventing the controls to show correctly?