Need wait indicator that works on IE 7+

Need wait indicator that works on IE 7+

I have an import process that could take a long time. I wanted to display a progress bar but see that the community versions I saw supported only the latest browsers. We still use IE7, so I need some sort of wait indicator that will work on that. Does anyone have anything, or know a way to do it?
TIA!
Hello Gerry,

I have used the following (simple) solution for that:

Find an animation image (.gif). Put that image in a if statement on the screen. When the import is started set a boolean to true and refresh the if statement (which shows the waiting image to the user). When the action is finished set the boolean to false and refresh the if statement again.

It the most simple way I've found out :) and works in every browser. You could even set you're own message in the if statement what the action is doing (so the user understand why it must wait).

Kind regards,
Evert

Just find a loading image
Gerald Seidl wrote:
I have an import process that could take a long time. I wanted to display a progress bar but see that the community versions I saw supported only the latest browsers. We still use IE7, so I need some sort of wait indicator that will work on that. Does anyone have anything, or know a way to do it?
TIA!

Hi Gerry,
Some time ago I made a small sample for this scenario, using an interstitial (wait) page - a similar pattern to the interstitial screens used in flight search engines, for example. Technically, it's basically what Evert has suggested. I'm including it as an attachment, if you want to take a look.