How to cipher binary data

How to cipher binary data

Hey,

I'm looking for a extension to cipher binary data, like the content of an image.
Anyone knows if already exists an way to do this cipher?

The solution that i'm seeing is edit the crypto extension, to implement more two functions:
1) Encrypt Binary Data
2) Decrypt Binary Data

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Nelson Pinto
Nelson Pinto wrote:
Hey,

I'm looking for a extension to cipher binary data, like the content of an image.
Anyone knows if already exists an way to do this cipher?

The solution that i'm seeing is edit the crypto extension, to implement more two functions:
1) Encrypt Binary Data
2) Decrypt Binary Data

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Nelson Pinto

Hi Nelson

This is a very interesting question.

We already have a component that allows to encrypt and decrypt text content, based on a given password key. This component is the Crypto extension that exist in the Enterprise Manager solution.

However, it doesn't access binary data, but checking the code of the extension, it actually converts the text into bytes, so adapting the same code to extend the feature to allow binary content encryption is very easy.

You can download the solution, unzip, and open the OSP with the OSPTool and extract the contents to disk. Then get the Crypto extension.

You can edit the extension with Integration Studio to get the source code, and build a new extension with similat source code, but change the input parameters from string to byte [ ].

Find in attach a sample of the source code already changed to support binary encryption. Compare it with the Crypto extension.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João

Hi Miguel

Thanks for your answer.

I already have found a solution to this. Basically, i implemented two new methods that receive byte[] and return byte[] (encrypted/decrypted).

Cheers,
Nelson Pinto