How to make screen backgrounds a different color

How to make screen backgrounds a different color

I've been asked to change the background of the screens to a different color so that the edit fields are more visible. Can anyone tell me how to do that? TIA
Hi Gerry,
There are several solutions according to your requirement.
If you want to change the background color of all the screens and you are using 6.0 Platform, you should change the CSS property for the body in the theme you are using, i.e. :

body {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF6600;
}

Otherwise, if you want to change the background color only in some screens, you can rewrite the previous property in the Web Screen Style Sheet of those screens, like:

For more details about the background property you can see this webpage: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Regards,
GM
Gonçalo Martins wrote:
Hi Gerry,
There are several solutions according to your requirement.
If you want to change the background color of all the screens and you are using 6.0 Platform, you should change the CSS property for the body in the theme you are using, i.e. :

body {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF6600;
}

Otherwise, if you want to change the background color only in some screens, you can rewrite the previous property in the Web Screen Style Sheet of those screens, like:

For more details about the background property you can see this webpage: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Regards,
GM

Thanks. That helps. If I set that globally in the application. The screens will show the color at the bottom of the screen. Not in the edit area of screens or in lists. Where are those changed? Thanks!
Hi Gerry,
I don't know if I understood your doubt?!
The
CSS property for the body, will apply a style to the body part of the html.
However, if you have other html elements inside the body tag, with some CSS styles, they'll be applied in an upper layer, so they will
overlap the lower layer (in this practical case the body).
So, if you want to apply a different background color to your edit area, you just have to identify that element and then apply the CSS background color to it.
If you
analyze your problem you'll see that is just a CSS+html problem, not a Platform understanding problem.
Remember that the html tags and the CSS
classes and properties operates in a hierarchical manner.
Hope it helps..

Regards,
G.M.