Timers not running right?

Timers not running right?

Hello -

I've got an interesting problem. I have an application that has a timer that works on my development system, but when deployed to production it breaks. This is the error I get:

Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/ShippingLabels/_TimerHandler.asmx for Timer ProcessPendingShippingRequests. Request duration = 111 secs.  [retry 4 of 3 scheduled]
Stack:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerJob.#Ild()
at #RGd.#4Gd.#Ild(#Hed job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=6.0.1.13)
RequestUrl: (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale:
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 2012 ('Scheduler', Started='4/2/2012 11:45:22 PM', Priv=72Mb, Virt=589Mb)
TID: 10
Thread Name: Timer Processor #1
.NET: 2.0.50727.5448

The timer calls an Action, which calls an Extension, and that Extension calls a Web service that can take 2 - 4 minutes to return results. The timer is running long enough that it is clearly getting the service to return results. There is something wrong happening either in the Extension, the Action, or the Platform Server itself, but there is no information to resolve it in this error message.

Any help on how to resolve this would be appreciated, thanks!

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Does the extension (and its WS call) work as expected if you call it synchronously from a "normal" screen action?

Assuming it doesn't could there be a difference in the end-point being called from Dev vs Prd? Is that WS relative to the invoking machine?

Cheers,

Miguel
We ended up doing a wipre/reinstall on the machine, there were huge numbers of bizarre issues with it that I've never seen before, things are working now, thanks!

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

"The timer calls an Action, which calls an Extension, and that Extension calls a Web service that can take 2 - 4 minutes to return results. "

By default web requests in .net have a timeout of 110seg. Can't that have been your problem instead?

Regards,
João Rosado

Joao - I had changed the timeout settings, and it worked fine on another system.

It was very clear that the original Production server was a mess. We couldn't even publish System Components!

J.Ja