save webblock data in list.

save webblock data in list.

hi ,

i created one webblobk for character count. i  added this webblock to the entry data for new. after enter the data the data should save. but it is not saving .can anybady help me how to save bebblock data.

regards,
sattibabu vatti.
Hello Sattibabu,

When getting the data from a webblock in you screen you should set an OnNotify in the webblock action, you can give the value trough with the NotifyMessage.

In the screen the webblock gets an OnNotify property where you can execute an action. In that action you can use the NotifyGetMessage action to retrief the set Notify Message.

Kind regards,
Evert
Please explain it with example 
How to get value from web block to web screen ?
Poonam Chauhan wrote:
Please explain it with example 
How to get value from web block to web screen ?

Hello Poonam,

See attached application.

It is a little bit the wrong example (used record instead of just a value), but think you'll shall get the idea.

Don't tested it at all, so hope it works like I think it should :).

Kind regards,
Evert

PS: Search on 'NOTE' in the application for some explaining.
sattibabu vatti wrote:
 hi ,

i created one webblobk for character count. i  added this webblock to the entry data for new. after enter the data the data should save. but it is not saving .can anybady help me how to save bebblock data.

regards,
sattibabu vatti.

Hello,

Have you tried send a recordlist as inputparameter to the webblock? I think it should work.
I think that the recordlist have pointer to it, so if you send it to a webblock you are sending that pointer... So if you change the list inside a webblock it changes the same memory area.

Worth a try... I Hope it helps... If you decide to try it give us some feedback.

I think thats not the best way to count caracters, but you can try.