Ajax Wait Fire-Up after click

Ajax Wait Fire-Up after click

Hi there,

I have an issue in a Top Level Menu that we are using in a project. We have several modules (eSpaces) and a common menu shared by all. In the menu we make the link to the eSpace with a link (with method Submit) and ending with a destination (External Site).
We have an integration with Stored Procedures to show the content in the screen. So we want when we click in an entry in the menu to fire-up the ajax wait to "put the user on hold", because some SP are a little slow to run for the first time.

I have already tried to put the link with the ajax mehod. But the menu gets a strange behaviour, the first time we click the link seems not to work, the second click works fine and fire up the ajax wait.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks,
NMendes
Hello Nuno,

When your talking about menu with links to other eSpaces, is the user directed to another eSpace where that other eSpace contains the menu again with some content or does the user stands in the same screen where other content is retrieved?

Don't really understand what the SP are doing, generate the information for the menu or retrieving content data for that webscreen?

Setting you link on submit will generate the whole page all over again, wouldn't a ListLoad widget work for you?

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi Evert,

Thanks for your reply. In fact we present the solution of the List Late Load to the customer, but he doesn't like, because he is able to change the search options while the list is loading.
The better solution to him, is to have the Ajax Wait just like we have when for example we make a search in a screen... But with the menu with method to submit and a destination it does not occur.
Do you remind of any other away to work-around with this?

The SP are getting data to fill in the screen, lists, combos, etc...

Thanks.

Best regards,
NM

Hello Nuno,

Are those search options in the menu or in the screen itself? Would it be a suggestion to 'diable' the search options while loading?

You write about the ajax wait, do you mean that yellow thing at the bottom of the page when an ajax call is executed?

I'm still not seeing the picture of what data is retrieved when. Then menu is at the upper eSpace, clicking a menu option lead to another (eSpace)  screen (?) that contains that same menu with their own data and queries (SP in this case). Since the loading of the sreen takes some time you want to show a waiter. But the customer doesn't want to see the listLoad waiter (which is also a waiter) since he is still able to change the search options? With the ajax wait it would also still be possible to fill in the search options right?

Always hard to imagine how something is build when you can's see it :).

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi Evert,

The search options are in the screen itself. The suggestion to disable the search options the customer does not like it.

The "problem" is that we changed that yellow thing at the bottom of the page to some more "visible" to the user in the middle of the screen with a animated gif. And so the customer now wants exactly that widget (Ajax Wait) to appear.

Yes your point of view of my problem is exactly correct. With the Ajax Wait that we have, a div all over the page the user cannot click behind that div... so he cannot change values.
However my problem is that besides I have in the same page a button that has is method set to Ajax that goes to a action that what it does is just end with a destination, in the same page if I do the same in the menu it does not fire-up the Ajax Wait widget...

I know that is difficult to imagine without seeing it, but for confidencial customer protection I cannot put here the eSpaces involved.

Thanks for your help,

Best Reggards,
NM
Hi Nuno.
Have you tried, with the links as Submit/Navigate, setting an OnClick property with: osjs('.Feedback_AjaxWait').fadeIn();

Hope it helps :)
Hello Nuno,

Think I understand you now. I know you can't post the oml or other logic here, I mostly have the same problem. I was saying it more to let you know that some answers could sound silly since I do suggestions that aren't possible :).

Regarding your problem, I think it's hard to do what you want, at least the customer is hard :). Since you write that you have modfied the ajax waiter to a animated gif that is shown inside a div over the whole page I hope the following is possible:

Add a container in you're page with the size of the whole screen (or at least as big as your applicaion is). Inside that container you place the animated gif. The visibility of the container is assigned to a local boolean (and off course default is false). Now when somebody does a search the first thing you do in the executed action is set the local boolean on true and then do a ajax refresh on the container with the anitmated gif in it. After that you execute the SP and after that you set the boolean false again, refresh the container with the gif and then refresh where you're table (?) for the results.

Maybe that would do the trick?

Haven't tried the answer of António, but it seems logic :).

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi Chinita and Evert,

I think I figured out what is the problem.

With the method to Ajax it works fine in all the browsers except, off course IE7. The programmers big problem...
It seems that in the first click in the menu it does not do anything in the second click it works fine.
This error have already happened to some of you guys?

Thanks.

Best Reggards,
Nuno

Nuno Mendes wrote:

This error have already happened to some of you guys?

Best Reggards,
Nuno

Nuno, well I probably run into this problem but solved it by convincing the manager to  show a waiter or 'disable' the search :).

Would the solution mentioned by Chinita or me work?

Kind regards,
Evert