Cloud apps on the Agile Platform: Please do not add anymore features!

Cloud apps on the Agile Platform: Please do not add anymore features!

Its nice that outsystems continue to add additional features - annually.

But it would be good to have outsystems focus on improving web app for speed and the scalability - before adding anymore additional features.

Scalability (For commerial grade web apps)
-Native support for GUID and bigint (int64) - its only been 10+ years!
--User.ExternalId capable of storing at least 36 characters in support of GUID Id.
--GUID supported by intelliwarp 
--SQL Server database with unique identifier primary key (optional - good to have)
--SQL Server database with bigint primary key (optional - good to have)

-Ability to move an entity from one eSpace to another espace without loosing their data 

(no int64 or guid means outsystems platform is not yet ready for LARGE commerial web app!)

Speed (For commerial grade web apps)
-Ability to enable Gzip content encoding
-Ability to add Javascript at the bottom of page.
-Minify JavaScript and CSS when solution published on production server.

Other Considerations:
(optional good to have features)
-Ability to open multiple eSpaces in a vertical tree view rather than horizontal tab view, just like any other popular IDEs such as visual studio and Eclipse.
-Ability to import HTML directly into ServiceStudio, (i.e ServiceStudio is to translate <div> tag into container widgets etc)
-Consider compiling eSpace dll into seperate dll's and warn developer to republish eSpaces ONLY when completely neccessary.
-Consider auto compiling/publishing eSpaces/extensions when able. (user is able to turn this feature on of off via ServiceCenter)
-Open OML file format to the world
-Native support for RESTful web services

Note: Outsystems works well for enterprise web app, it can scale enterprise web apps and meets the need of 99% of its customer base. 1% of its customer base are like us, building commerial cloud web app, and we need scability features beyond enterprise web apps!

Currently when we get stuck, outsystems support would help us work with work around solutions and they have been great! however building many work arounds all the time, is costing us alot of our time! 
Although I agree with most of the options (and can rant as well sometimes ;) ), most of your new features (which is somewhat in contrast of your topic) are mentioned in the WotC (Wisdome of the Crowds).

Hi Robert,

Your subject and content seem to be somewhat contradicting. ;)
When I look at your post you ask for more compliant and flexible web app features and as Joost I fully agree.
So no fancy sh*t but a focus on the functionality,scalability and speed.
I definately agree on that part.

I also think that 'leaving features to the community' would be a good way to increase and join 'programming effort'.
Providing a platform to 'sell' widgets created in a community environment sold & supported on escrow kind of base with continued support. 

Concerning:
Ability to move an entity from one eSpace to another espace without loosing their data 
Try the merge function; this should help you out on that one.

Concerning:
Open OML file format to the world
This is kind of a struggle, looking at the IPP functionality (ownership of the created code)
I agree with you that it should be possible to store OML's without the 'default' IPP 'protection'
I disagree with making the design world readable; this format is Outsystem's own; I wouldn't 'donate' the structure to the world since it's a core component of the platform.

Thanks for 'shaking' the community again. ;)
@joost, :) my feedback are always honest and straight to the point. It's a great platform but it's does have scalability issues, that cost additional time to build work around solutions... for feature that should be standard. The platform should at least scale for cloud apps. Currently it could only scale for enterprise apps. @Eric maybe better re word it, "please fix the cloud app scalability issue" , before adding any fancy features! add support for guid and int64 first !.... scaling cloud apps and performance of Web apps should be important?
@Eric merging entities work? (entities would not create new tables and lose its data?)
If you merge the needed entities the data will not be lost.

Also even if you'd decide to delete an entity it still would exist on the database. :)
You can find out the 'real' database name by querying the Entities under the System 'E-space'.

Cheers,

Eric
Robert Chanphakeo wrote:
@joost, :) my feedback are always honest and straight to the point. It's a great platform but it's does have scalability issues, that cost additional time to build work around solutions... for feature that should be standard. The platform should at least scale for cloud apps. Currently it could only scale for enterprise apps. @Eric maybe better re word it, "please fix the cloud app scalability issue" , before adding any fancy features! add support for guid and int64 first !.... scaling cloud apps and performance of Web apps should be important?

I agree with the 're word' ;)

WORD! :)