Can I access Progress Data Base with Agile Plataform?

Can I access Progress Data Base with Agile Plataform?

My database is Progrees, is it possible develop systems with Agile Plataform accessing Progress Database ?  Thank for your help.
Hello Alexandre,

The access to a Progress DB can't be done directly with the Agile Plaform as you do for example for Oracle or SQL Server DataBases.
However you can try some different approaches.
You can try for example one of this two ideas:
1 - Create webservices in Progress. You can call the webservices from your eSpace(if the WSDL is compatible with Outsystems) or with a C# extension to Wrap those Web Methods.
2 - Create a C# extension to implement a Progress ODBC Driver. Try to look at this site..it might be usefull: http://connectionstrings.com/progress

Hope this helps you to find the right way to implement this.
If you have any progresses related to this issue please let me know, because it is a nice and unsual feature...Good luck on this journey!

Best Regards
You can also used a linked server from SQL Server, we're doing this to access a DB2 database in one project I am working on.

J.Ja
Right Justin..
That is also a good possibility and with the lowest implementation cost, because we can get more from the Platform capabilities. I also used it in some previous projects I worked on (in my case to link to Access DB).
The following illustration shows the basics of a linked server configuration:

Best Regards,
GM

Hello Gonçalo and Justin, 

I´m using this kind of connection between Progress and SQL Server.  I would make sure if  I could do it with Agile Platform too.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
AD

Hello Alexandre,

I'm not sure if I understood your question. Can you specify it with more details?
As I see, you already are using a linked server between the two databases..
In a technical view, I think we can do another connection to be used with the Agile Platform..However I think that you should have a different connection to do this.

Best Regards,
G.M.
Hello Gonçalo, 

Yes I already use a database odbc driver to connect SQL Server by Progress.   If the Agile Platform works well with OBDC Drivers, my problem is solved.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
AD
Hello Alexandre,

As I know, the Agile Platform has no problems with OBDC drivers, but I'm not 100% sure...
Good luck and I hope that my information has been helpful to you.
Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Best regards,
G.Martins
Hello Gonçalo, 

Your information has been realy helpful.  When I do the app with Agile Plataform accessing a Progress Database I´ll let you know.

Thanks again, 

Best Regards, 
AD
Hello Alexandre,

Any news about this issue you had?
Hope you're lucky with it..If so, it would be nice if you could share it with the community.

Best regards,
G.Martins
Hello Gonçalo,

No, I don´t have any news about it.  I analysed the Agile Plataform and did my technical opinion about it to the company.  My company is not buy it yet. So, I will continue with this issue only if the company buy the Agile Platafom, and if I make a connection with Progress, I let the community know.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

AD

Hello Alexandre,

I did't know you were still at that point of the project, but if so you really should analyse all the technical needs and make a simple C# demo application trying to communicate with Progress. Then you can try it with an Outsystems application (using a C# extension) and check the results.
Good luck on that journey and hope you solve it...

Best regards,
G.Martins