How to handle HTML forms and events

How to handle HTML forms and events

Hi all,

There are several limitations of Outsystems that make us design our own HTML code and embbed it through the usage of inline expressions. That is a good way to overcome those limitations and has been working great for me.

But now i have another issue that you guys can probably help me: What if in my HTML i have forms and other controls that need event handling? How can i map an Outsystems action to those controls? What options do you guys recommend?

Thank you
Regards,
Emanuel Silva

Emanuel Silva wrote:
Hi all,

There are several limitations of Outsystems that make us design our own HTML code and embbed it through the usage of inline expressions. That is a good way to overcome those limitations and has been working great for me.

But now i have another issue that you guys can probably help me: What if in my HTML i have forms and other controls that need event handling? How can i map an Outsystems action to those controls? What options do you guys recommend?

Thank you
Regards,
Emanuel Silva

Hello Emanuel,

a quick reply to your questions, but take in consideration that probably are better ways to do it, is to listen the events with jQuery, and then on the event trigger you call the .click() action on an hidden link that is mapped to an action in Service Studio.

let us know if this helps you!

cheers,
Miguel