User authentication using other sources

User authentication using other sources

Hi,

My web app needs to get User login info from other source (eg. webservice, db). How can I manage to make it work with the actual User entity management?

Nuno

Hi Nuno, 

First of all, let me welcome you to the community. 

Regarding your question, here is a sample of a possible login flow for your application.

It starts with a call to the User_Authenticate user action that encapsulates the logic of validating user credentials in the foreign provider. If the user credentials are incorrect an error message is shown to the user, otherwise the flow continues.
Since we need a the user to exist in the platform in order to do the Login, first we test if there's a user with the provided username in the DB. If true, we use the Login system action to authenticate the user in the platform, otherwise we call the User_Create user action that implements the logic of creating a platform user with data gathered from external systems.

Hope it helps. Regards,
Tiago.
I wasn't sure about the fact that the user must be created in our User entity.

I'll try your approach.

Thanks!

Nuno

Nuno wrote:
Hi,

My web app needs to get User login info from other source (eg. webservice, db). How can I manage to make it work with the actual User entity management?

Nuno

Correct me if I am wrong, you would like to authenicate via external user credientals and have them login to your outsystems application?

You can authenicate via web service via a custom action, if successful, sync your external user with outsystems user table.