Popup_InfoBalloon - Improvement suggestion

Popup_InfoBalloon - Improvement suggestion

Sometime ago i notice that ween a Popup_InfoBalloon is called in the botton of the page it cause the appearence of a vertical scrollbar (or a change in its size if already present). This reduces the usability because the user must set the mouse pointer inside the popup and then scrool down.

thought that the best way to solve this is the popup adjust its position accordingly with the page.

In the first image the popup is displayed in the standard way because theres enought room below.
In the second image the popup change its top position to avoid a change in the page scrollbars.

In attach i send a file with the Popup_InfoBalloon javascript. It includes the changes made to allow the behavior shown above. This changes are surrounded with the comments "CHANGE_START" and "CHANGE_END".

The purpose of this post is to make a suggestion to the OS staff to apply this change in the next release (or a better and inproved way to get to the same result).

If someone else want to use this feel free to do so and made any changes you feel right. 

Best regards
Eduardo Luís
Great post!

I hope you also made a Wisdom-of-the-crowd post for it?
Joost Landgraf wrote:
Great post!

I hope you also made a Wisdom-of-the-crowd post for it?

Just made one.
Very nice post..
I already vote in your idea (Wisdom-of-the-crowd) and hope that Outsystems looks carefully at your great suggestions..

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Dear mister Goncalo, I have an issue, I can't position the pop_up that i have been created. How can I set the position of the pop_up on the screen.
I will also ask: Is it possible to position the pop_up on the screen ?

If it is possible can you let me see an example ?
Hello Kadir,

I suppose  your're talking about a popup and not a infoBallon, am I correct..
If so, you can use all the power of jQuery to modify all the CSS properties that you desire.
In your case I think that the top property is the one you need, so you can use something like this:

osjs(document).ready(function() {

osjs('.Popup').css({'top':'15px'});

osjs('.dropShadow').each(function (index, domEle) {
                                // domEle == this
                               $(domEle).css({'top':'10px'});
                })
 });

Hope this helps..

Best Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
I have putted the code in side the popup_editor javascript, but it doesn't work.

Hello Kadir,

You should put that code in an expression with the property "Escape Content = No" and put that in a script block.
The way you are using aren't correct because you should use that to declare functions or put libraries.
Use something like this:

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Hello Kadir,

Have you done this the way I said?
I had no time to make a demo, but this is a possible way..
Give some news..

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Hi all,

Just me or from Gonçalo's post to Kadir post we jumped from Popup_InfoBallon to Popup_Editor?
Looks like some miss-communication here :)

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
Hi all,

Just me or from Gonçalo's post to Kadir post we jumped from Popup_InfoBallon to Popup_Editor?
Looks like some miss-communication here :)

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

I think you didn't read the first post where I replied to Kadir and exactly with that question,as you can see:

I know he should create a new post for this, but I think Kadir didn't look well to the title of the post..
However, I didn't wanted to waste my time asking him to do that and just replied..I think there's no problem with that..
Just wanted to be fast and trying to be helpful..so,no "miss-communication".. ;)
Hi Eduardo,

I have used your code and it is a improvement.

A further improvement could be, in case the page already has vertical scroll bar and we are not at the bottom of the page, that the popup info balloon is displayed inside the visible area.

Thanks.