Problems with multi-tenancy espace example

Problems with multi-tenancy espace example

Hi All,

I'm new to OutSystems but I will try to be as accurate and verbose as possible. I'm trying to run through the technical note on How to Build a Multi-tenant Application. I have downloaded the two espaces provided, BackOfficeUsers and TenantManagement, but when I publish BackOfficeUsers and try to log into it, via browser, to take a look at it I am unable to log in (password incorrect error).

This system currently has another app on it that uses the Users espace (not multi-tenant yet) and has existing users set up, but no matter what user I try I cannot log in to the BackOfficeUsers app via the web. I've tried using admin/admin, I've tried using the admin credentials for Service Center, I've tried allowing my Service Center user every possible permission, all to no avail. 

How do I setup/create a user that can log in to this BackOfficeUsers app so that I can create an IT user that can then use the TenantManagement application?
Hello Chris, and welcome to the OutSystems Community.

You should be able to login to the BackOfficeUsers eSpace using admin/admin credentials.

If you are unable to do so, you can edit the BackOfficeUsers eSpace to have its entry page (User_List) not require any authentication (give permission to the Anonymous role) and check which users are configured in that eSpace. If no user is configured you can create a new one if you also remove the authentication requirement from the User_Edit screen and create a new user. This way you will know the username and the password of the user you just created.

You will need to grant him the MTUserManager role in order for that user to be able to access the Tenant Management eSpace.

I hope this alternative is useful to you.

Best regards,
Ricardo Silva
Hi Ricardo,

Thanks so much, that worked great! I will have to keep that trick in my bag in the future. Thanks again!

--

I'm now having a different issue. When I try and publish the TennantManagement espace I'm getting the following error:

Internal Error

No eSpace with key 364ceb40-0960-4892-b03e-ec984c97144b was found

Any thoughts?
Chris Lydon wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

I'm now having a different issue. When I try and publish the TennantManagement espace I'm getting the following error:

Internal Error

No eSpace with key 364ceb40-0960-4892-b03e-ec984c97144b was found

Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if the cause of this might be that I changed the BackOfficeUsers eSpace and published it according to your suggestions and now the TennantManagement eSpace can't find it because it's hash (looks like a hash) changed?
There was another issue that was causing my problems with this. It is now fixed.

Thanks for your help!