[View4Entity] Error when publishing the component

[View4Entity] Error when publishing the component

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 11 May by Robert Chanphakeo
8 votes
Published on 11 May by Robert Chanphakeo
I downloaded the View4Entity-0.0.1.osp file from Forge. When I doubleclick on it I get the dialog with the option to Upload or 1-click-publish. When I selected 1-click-publish I received an error "invalid intellectual property" (attached screen capture of the error dialog).

Is this related to me running the community server ??
wrote:
I downloaded the View4Entity-0.0.1.osp file from Forge. When I doubleclick on it I get the dialog with the option to Upload or 1-click-publish. When I selected 1-click-publish I received an error "invalid intellectual property" (attached screen capture of the error dialog).

Is this related to me running the community server ??

I managed to resolve this matter by following advise from Andre to pass the OSP throught the IPP app at http://www.outsystems.com/ipp
I am not sure exactly how to configure or use this package. I managed to publish it but when configuring the solution for publication, I was asked to determine which catalog to publish to. I chose for the eSpace view4Entity I chose the platform DB and for the eSpace view4EntityDataLayer I chose a different DB that I had created for my application (attached screen capture).

1- Is my assumption correct for the DB of each eSpace?
2- What about when I careat a new application that has its own DB or uses the platform's DB but does not use the DB I have published view4EntityDataLayer into?
3- How exactly to use this eSpace to generate the DDL script to build the SQL views?
wrote:
I am not sure exactly how to configure or use this package. I managed to publish it but when configuring the solution for publication, I was asked to determine which catalog to publish to. I chose for the eSpace view4Entity I chose the platform DB and for the eSpace view4EntityDataLayer I chose a different DB that I had created for my application (attached screen capture).

1- Is my assumption correct for the DB of each eSpace?
2- What about when I careat a new application that has its own DB or uses the platform's DB but does not use the DB I have published view4EntityDataLayer into?
3- How exactly to use this eSpace to generate the DDL script to build the SQL views?

Sharim, 

I've already published a new version of the View4Entity solution that does not have the intellectual property issue, thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding the doughts that you've pointed out:

1 - You can publish the espace in any catalog you wish, because View4Entity looks for the metamodel to understand where the entities belog to;
2 - As pointed out, you can generate DDL to what ever app you want, even if in different catalogs. You don't need more then one instance of View4Entity;
3 - To use the app you need to export the DDL from View4Entity and run it by hand. It is necessary because the users that runs the apps do not hace ddl rights in the databse.

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Pedro
Pedro Cardoso wrote:

Sharim, 

I've already published a new version of the View4Entity solution that does not have the intellectual property issue, thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding the doughts that you've pointed out:

1 - You can publish the espace in any catalog you wish, because View4Entity looks for the metamodel to understand where the entities belog to;
2 - As pointed out, you can generate DDL to what ever app you want, even if in different catalogs. You don't need more then one instance of View4Entity;
3 - To use the app you need to export the DDL from View4Entity and run it by hand. It is necessary because the users that runs the apps do not hace ddl rights in the databse.

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

I think that you uploaded a wrong file of your component.
I tried to download the solution but when I click the "Download" button I only get the file View4Entity-0.0.3.oml.
Hope you can check this, please.

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.

Hi Gonçalo,

it is only an espace...

Did you publish it?
Pedro Cardoso wrote:
Hi Gonçalo,

it is only an espace...

Did you publish it?

Hi,
I tried to do it but the oml have missing references of an eSpace called "View4EntityDataLayer".
Can you explain/check what happened?

Ah.

That was just me beeing lame :$ Sorry for that.I've just uploaded the application.

Thanks Gonçalo. Cheers
No problem, Pedro.
Now everything is solved and that's what matters ;)

Cheers,
Gonçalo Martins