Error Deserializing ViewState

Hi all,

I'm having errors in Service Center in 2 different eSpaces, but error is the same : "Error Deserializing ViewState"; Detail: "
[1] Error Deserializing ViewState
at ssAoExterno.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnRequestEdit.FetchViewState()
at ssAoExterno.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnRequestEdit.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[2] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ssAoExterno.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnRequestEdit.recListListRecords1_Restore()
at ssAoExterno.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnRequestEdit.FetchViewState()

This error coincided with the migration to version 7, because before it this error never appeared and the application has not changed since then.
I search on google and try one solution that modified the file web.config and add "viewstateencryptionmode=never" but didn't work.

Does any one have a clue about what could be the problem or how it can be solved?

Hugo Castro
Hi Hugo,

The issue is due to an incompatibility between the objects that were cached in the ViewState (in the browser) and the new version of those objects in the server.
You can workaround that error by publishing the full solution.

I hope that helps!

I've detected the same error after deployment a new release of an application. Should the end-users have to reload the previously opened application pages after each new deployment?

José Martins

It's common to see this immediately after a deployment, one-time issue per user/screen they have open.