Problem with Service Center: There was an error processing your request.

Problem with Service Center: There was an error processing your request.

Hi,

After i loaded the main page of Service Center, I filled the login and the following error appeared on screen:
"There was an error processing your request. Please try again later... "

What kind of problems usually cause this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Hi,
Can you enter to the Service Center? If so, you can go to the Error Logs/General Logs and get more details about this error.
Have you tried to stop and start your services?

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Just like error 500 (internal error) this error says nothing about the real cause and you could find more specific messages in "Error Log" at "Monitoring tab".

For record my expirience was something about User role, see bellow:

Stack:
at ssWebbMonitor.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnClientes_List.CheckPermissions(HeContext heContext)
at ssWebbMonitor.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnClientes_List.Preparation(HeContext heContext)
at ssWebbMonitor.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnClientes_List.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 10 (Id=54, PubId=64, CompiledWith=7.0.0.5)
RequestUrl: http://xxx.tryoutsystems.com/WebbMonitor/_Default.aspx (Method: GET)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/181/ROOT/WebbMonitor-3-130064488686030871
FilePath: D:\Sandboxes\s_001_0231\running\WebbMonitor\Clientes_List.aspx
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 49212 ('w3wp', Started='2/27/2013 2:24:08 PM', Priv=291Mb, Virt=2921Mb)
TID: 3
Thread Name: 
.NET: 2.0.50727.5456

Solution:
I enter on Service Center in Factory menu on "Users" line I clicked on "Open in Browser" and I logged again and everything start to work.
The things what may cause when I see "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later... " is

- Server restart, Platform-server is still stopping/starting
- Someone has just published/is publishing that specific application
Alexandra,

That error message is a blunt message shown to remote users when there's an internal server error on any OutSystems application, including Service Center.

Since accessing the real error message implies access to the Service Center, and it's the Service Center that is generating this error, you might not get to the Error Logs page to get it. However, there's a way to get the full error information with a web browser, but you need to access the Service Center locally on the OutSystems server.

If you have Remote Desktop access to the server, just login and use the local Web Browser to access http://localhost/ServiceCenter, to collect the full error message and stack.

If you don't have Remote Desktop access, you have to ask your system administrator to help you on that task.

If the full error message and stack is not enough to determine the cause of the error, feel free to share with us the output of the web browser when accessing Service Center locally.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João

Have you checked the Event Viewer logs?

Since you can't use Service Center, it's possible whatever error is happening is logged there, if it's a SQL Server error or a IIS error, it likely will be.