Randomizer

  
Is there anybody who created a randomizer ?
Using an input for range like 0-100 generating a number between 0 and 100 or 0-10 ... 
Would it be terribly ugly to use SQL Server to accomplish this?
SELECT CAST(RAND() * 100 AS INT) AS RandomNumber
I suppose wrapping it in a function would abstract it away nicely. 
I'd use an extension first. It's one line of C# and probably one line of Java. :)

J.Ja
Justin James wrote:
I'd use an extension first. It's one line of C# and probably one line of Java. :)

J.Ja
 
 this.
Statler & Waldorf wrote:
 
 this.
 
 What "this" ???
Joop Stringer wrote:
Is there anybody who created a randomizer ?
Using an input for range like 0-100 generating a number between 0 and 100 or 0-10 ... 
 
 Ok, Ok extension it is!

Find it attach :)
wrote:
 
 Ok, Ok extension it is!

Find it attach :)
 
 You're my hero :-)
And even the GUID function in there !!
Glad to be of service :)
Gonçalo Gaiolas wrote:
Glad to be of service :)
 
Hi Gonçalo,

In my opinion you could add this method to the solution called " Essentials ", where you're a team member..

"..collection of reusable actions to help us stop reinventing the wheel" << CHECKED :)
 
Cheers,
Gonçalo Martins
Gonçalo,

You got it. Makes perfect sense. I'll do it this week. 

BTW, I'm sure being a pretty active member you must have a ton of interesting stuff to post to the Essentials crowd. Why not join us? :)

Best,
Gaiolas
Gonçalo Gaiolas wrote:
Gonçalo,

You got it. Makes perfect sense. I'll do it this week. 

BTW, I'm sure being a pretty active member you must have a ton of interesting stuff to post to the Essentials crowd. Why not join us? :)

Best,
Gaiolas
 
Hi Gonçalo,

I'll accept your invite..
I just have to allocate some time to look at my old treasure chest and find the material that best suit this concept ..
Hope to give some news very soon.

Cheers,
Gonçalo Martins