SearchInput and Button Language Setting...

SearchInput and Button Language Setting...

Hi,

The following point I've noticed today when testing some features on Production and Accept Server for the Espace we build for a company.

Some SearchInputs and also Buttons show various Text on the Production Server (Dutch Text)
and on the Accept Server (English Text). (see attachment)
I've check the Control Panel for Windows, change display language for the 2 Servers.. These settings are the same.

Does anybody know how this point can be fixed, for displaying the English Text when we use SearchInputs and Buttons
in the eSpace ?

Kindly Regards,
Yusuf
Hello Yusuf,

Options:

1) Do you use the current locale (system action: SetCurrentLocale) action? And if Yes, when do you use it? (is there a difference between a logged in user or not?).
2) Have you used the translation files from SS (eSpace -> export -> language resource files).

Both options could make the translation work/don't work.

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi Evert,

Thanks for your fast reply

1) Yes we are using a check for SetCurrentLocale in the espace, this is after selecting a customer from the customer list.
    This point was also a good one to control, if it could affect the situation.

2) This point is never used.

I already have found the solution for this point =] after making some changes in Service Center.

Actions To Follow:
Service Center Login
Administration Menu
SEO URLs Menu
Site Rules List Configuration

Base URL Settings has been changed for the Site Rules..

Locale has been set to: en-gb  (this was looking for nl-nl)

Tested it and works fine now !

Kind Regards,
Yusuf
Hello Yusuf,

With option 2 you can also make a translation for the combobox values, so when someone is logged in with nl-NL the labels will be dutch en logged in with gb-GB the labels will be english. These translations you can define in the language files.

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi Evert,

I know that translating fields within the Espace can be handled:In Service Studio / Menu Interface / MultiLingual Locales
(see attachment). This point already exists in the Espace and used for some fields which needs to be translated.

Did you mentoin the same ?

Regards, Yusuf
Hello Yusuf,

Indeed, those are the ones.

Kind regards,
Evert