Is it possible to build any kind of website with outsystems?

Is it possible to build any kind of website with outsystems?

I was wondering if even this forum was built with it.

And i wanna know if its possible to build one like virgingaming.com.

It basically has a account system with registration, profile, firends etc... deposit/withdraw system for players who want to deposit money and then withdraw their earnings, skill rating system that retrieves data from a gameserver and then  determines the skill of a player, wallet/bank system to display the available cash of a player to withdraw and a score reporting system to see who won and who lost...

Resuming its a website where players earn money games that are not inside the website like flash games, they play console games, it can be anyother game too.

If this is possible to build then in how much time an experienced user would have to put in to make this reality?

for more info and overview: virgingaming.com
Thanks
Hello Joao,
With the Agile Platform you can build any kind of websites, even the more complex.
You can build all the kind of elements, part of web development like HTML, HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Web Services, C# or Java extensions(depending the version you're using) with methods to extend the platform functionalities and so on..
Good luck on your project and any doubt just ask the community..

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Gonçalo Martins wrote:
Hello Joao,
With the Agile Platform you can build any kind of websites, even the more complex.
You can build all the kind of elements, part of web development like HTML, HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Web Services, C# or Java extensions(depending the version you're using) with methods to extend the platform functionalities and so on..

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
 Hi thanks for your answer! But have you seen the website i am mentioning? sorry for being annoying but i need to be sure about this haha!

thank you.

It basically has a account system with registration, profile, firends etc... deposit/withdraw system for players who want to deposit money and then withdraw their earnings, skill rating system that retrieves data from a gameserver and then  determines the skill of a player, wallet/bank system to display the available cash of a player to withdraw and a score reporting system to see who won and who lost...

Based in your description I'll say that it is not the best project for someone to be introduced to OutSystems.
You'll have to do a lot of external development like the formula for calculating user experience, the webservices communication to the several games... But if you already have that part done and are analysing a migration it will be easy for an experienced developer. Registration, friends, rankings, wallet... are all easier to do in OS that in regular languages.

So, following the same logic, if the site is well planned and everything that will be needed is detailed, why not? About the time, it really depends on what you want. Find your programmer, show him/her your idea and ask for an approximate number of days. It may surprise you.
No problem, Nuno..
And yes, I saw the website.
But if you want you can enumerate your requirements and also the functionalities that you are must worry about.

Kind Regards,
GM

Joao wrote:
Gonçalo Martins wrote:
Hello Joao,

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
 Hi thanks for your answer! But have you seen the website i am mentioning? sorry for being annoying but i need to be sure about this haha!

thank you.

Yes yes, the skill rating and score reporting are things that come from the gameserver wich can be done separatelly, so the OS can do the wallet,account system and stuff..
Hello, João. You can build any sort of website with the Agile Platform. Checkout pordata.pt or fly.com, for example.
Joao wrote:
I was wondering if even this forum was built with it.
Despite all the other answers, the answer to this one is, yes. We've built this entirely with the platfrom.
Here at OutSystems we're proud to "eat our own dog food". We create the platform we use it to build our webapps :)

Regarding your project, if you pick the agile platform, I'm sure that any roadblock or any question that you might have, will be helped and solved by our community!

Cheers and good luck with that promising project!
Miguel

I really missed out on the obvious. As Miguel stated all these web properties you see are built with the Agile Platform, from website, to community, to the network. This, along with dozens of internal apps for several different purposes.

One of the great things about the platform is that you can use it to quickly build a standard enterprise application, but also, start from a blank canvas, and go wild from there.

Join the fun!! :-)
The must obvious and nobody remembered to mention..lol..
Well done Gonçalo.

Add to that list of websites the original sites at http://www.edpsu.pt and http://www.edpdistribuicao.pt. They've since been redesigned but originally they run on top of the OutSystems Platform.